We know that an adult can protect themselves, but when it comes to safety for children, we cannot take any chances. We must consider several factors for children, ranging from their safety to their comfort. You should not be concerned if your youngster is travelling alone on Frontier Airlines under the Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy. Frontier Airlines ensures your child’s safety from the point of departure to the airport of final destination. If your child has never traveled unaccompanied on Frontier Airlines, please read the information below explaining the separate rules and fees payable for unaccompanied minors.
Toll-free +1-866-217-1292 to book on Frontier Unaccompanied Minor
What is Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy
In the past, Frontier Airlines had specific guidelines and fees for unaccompanied minors, which are children who are traveling without an adult or legal guardian. Here are some general points that were part of Frontier’s unaccompanied minor policy:
Age Restrictions: Frontier typically considered children between the ages of 5 and 14 to be unaccompanied minors. Children under the age of 5 were not allowed to travel alone and had to be accompanied by an adult.
Mandatory Unaccompanied Minor Service: Frontier required the purchase of their Unaccompanied Minor service for kids between the ages of 5 and 14 who were travelling alone. Through this service, it was guaranteed that the youngster would be looked after and assisted for the entire trip.
Fees: Frontier charged a fee for the Unaccompanied Minor service, which was in addition to the child’s airfare. The fee amount varied and was subject to change, so it was necessary to check with the airline for the current fee.
Flight Restrictions: Unaccompanied minors are generally not accepted on Frontier Airlines flights with a connection or stopover, including flights with codeshare or interline partners. It was usually only allowed on direct Frontier Airlines flights or non-stop flights.
Documentation: Unaccompanied minors were required to have the necessary identification and travel documents as specified by Frontier Airlines. This typically included a valid passport or government-issued ID, and any additional requirements for international travel.
It’s important to note that these details are based on information available prior to September 2021. To obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding Frontier’s current unaccompanied minor policy, it is advisable to directly contact the airline or visit their official website.
Frontier Airlines Rules For Lap Infants
If you plan to travel with an infant on your lap on Frontier Airlines, you must be informed of the conditions. Frontier Airlines policy for unaccompanied infants on laps is as follows:
- Flights can be booked online or by phone ( +1-866-217-1292)
- Minors under the age of two must have a paid seat.
- If a youngster under the age of two goes on a seat, you must pay the seat price.
- You must book the following seat for the second lap infant by paying the applicable fees.
- Passengers on Frontier Airlines can only transport one infant at a time.
- When flying on Frontier Airlines with a lap infant, you must use a car seat or harness that has been FAA-certified.
How to Book a Flight For Frontier Unaccompanied Minor
- To proceed with the steps, Visit Frontier Airlines official site first.
- Login in to your frontier account with your credentials.
- After doing so, click on the Advance Option.
- Go to the special assistance option.
- Fill in the location where you are travelling with your child (Infant) here.
- Then you have to select your flight as per your comfort & budget.
- After picking a flight, the form will ask for information on an adult and their infant.
- Then you have to provide the necessary legal and valid documents.
- Finally, you must review your booking and complete the payment process.
Dial the toll-free number +1-866-217-1292 of frontier airlines to direct contact with live person
What is the Baggage Rules for Frontier Airlines
Here you can see the baggage rule of Frontier Airlines
- one diaper bag
- 1 pre-approved child seat (non-approved devices require check-in).
- Please check one stroller/stroller at the gate and pick it up at the destination airport.
Frontier Support Number +1-866-217-1292, if you have any quires related to your flight.
No, Children must be age over 15 years to fly.
Unaccompanied Minor Fee is $100 USD per way, per child, and includes extra handling, an in-flight beverage, and a snack.
Any youngster under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult on the reservation.