Passengers may cancel a flight with Frontier Airlines and receive a full refund in some circumstances, according to the airline’s updated cancellation policy.
Customer Support Number: +1-800-504-6979
The following are these circumstances:
- If you make a reservation and need to cancel, do so within 24 hours.
- When your planned flight is cancelled, you opt not to take the substitute flight.
- In the event that you need to cancel your flight, your ticket (the WORKS package) is refundable.
- When a ticket is cancelled due to COVID-19, its full value is converted to either an Air Canada Travel Voucher or Aeroplan Points with a 65% bonus.
- Prior to departure, you can revoke a Last Seat award ticket.
- A minimum of 180 days prior to the departure date, you cancel an award ticket.
- A normal ticket is cancelled at least 60 days before departure.
- Any unique conditions, such as jury service, the demise or severe sickness of a traveller or intimate family member.
Depending on your ticket’s tariff terms, you may be charged a cancellation fee in all other circumstances.
Note: Application for Refund from Frontier Airlines. If you have a Frontier WORKS bundle ticket, then you can cancel it and keep the value of the ticket as long as you use it within a year of the date of the transaction. However, you need to submit an internet refund form if you would like a return.
Frontier Airlines 24-Hours Cancellation Policy
Any flight ticket purchased via Frontier Airlines can be cancelled inside 24 hours window of purchasing it and will result in a full refund as long as even the flight leaves at least seven days later. The rule is applicable to all ticket kinds, even those that are non-refundable.
Depending on the terms of your ticket’s tariff, you may be charged a cancellation fee if you change your mind over 24 hours following booking your ticket or inside the window of seven days before departure.
Frontier Cancellation Policy Due to COVID
Any flight reservation made between December 22, 2020, and September 30, 2021, is eligible for free cancellation under Frontier Airlines’ Covid-19 response cancellation policy. However, according to the fare type and the time of cancellation, there may be a cost if you need to cancel a ticket that was purchased after September 30, 2021. To learn more about the cancellation fees, see the section under Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Policy Due to Death or Illness
If you fall critically ill prior to your journey or if a close relative passes away, Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy permits you to terminate your flight. Documented evidence, such as a death certificate or health certificate, must be presented, though.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Due to Weather
You can choose to alternatively take the next flight or a convenient trip that suits you whenever the weather improves at no extra cost or ask for a full refund of the remaining amount of your ticket under the terms of the Frontier cancellation policy because of the weather. (and other circumstances beyond its management, such as bird strikes, air traffic control, and others). Nevertheless, it does not give you any right to pay for potential delays, cancellations, or reschedules.
Frontier Airlines Delays and Cancellations Policy
You would be transferred onto the next available slot at no added charge if your departure was postponed, terminated, or redirected due to events outside of Frontier Airlines’ control, such as technical difficulties, aeroplane damage, lost or delayed baggage, etc. As an alternative, you can request a complete refund of the remaining amount of your ticket when your flight was delayed.
Customers will be re-accommodated just on the next flight, or a later flight of your choosing (when the weather gets better), at no additional cost if your flight cancels, postponed, or diverted for circumstances without Frontier Airlines’ control, including such severe weather, Air Traffic Control’s control, or bird strikes. You can also request a complete refund of the unused amount of your ticket if your flight is cancelled. However, Frontier Airlines does not entitle you to any compensation.
Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee for The WORKS Bundle
You won’t be assessed any costs for withdrawing your WORKS ticket in accordance with Frontier Airlines’ cancellation policy. The total amount of the WORKS ticket will be held after cancellation as a one-time use cashback reward for up to a year from the transaction date.
There are a few things to remember:
- No residual will exist after you use your ticket, even if there is any remaining balance.
- You can use your credit card to settle the balance if the amount of your travel credit is insufficient to pay for the cost of your replacement flight ticket.
- Travel credits cannot be transferred. Accordingly, the names on the new and old reservations must perfectly match.
Please complete the Frontier Airlines Refund Application Form if you want a refund.
Frontier Flight Cancellation Process
You can cancel a Frontier Airlines flight ticket online or by phone (+1-844-933-2065).
- If you booked your ticket directly through Air Canada, Google Flights, Skyscanner, or Kayak, you could cancel online via My Bookings or by phone.
- If you booked your ticket through a different travel agent (online/offline), you must contact them directly to cancel it.
How to Cancel a Frontier Airlines Flight Online?
Follow these steps to cancel your flight with Frontier Airlines:
- Visit Manage Trip at www.flyfrontier.com/travel/my-trips/manage-trip.
- Select “Review/Change” by clicking on it.
- To access your flight reservation, type the following information:
- Your last name
- Your six-character code for confirming a flight
- Select “Search.”
- Choose a flight, then cancel it.
- Or you can contact Flight Assistance. We intend to remain and create more joyful times. You may visit www.flightassistance.com to learn more about flights. Alternatively, you may reach us by email at help @flightsassistance.com or by phone at (800) 504-6979.
How to Cancel a Frontier Airlines Flight by Phone?
Call +1-844-933-2065 to cancel your Frontier Airlines flight. Have your 6-character flight confirmation code handy when cancelling your flight over the phone.
How to Avoid Frontier Airlines Change Flight and Cancellation Fees?
By using the following advice, you can reduce your Frontier Airlines change and cancellation fees:
- Purchase your ticket a minimum of 7 days prior to your trip. Following 24 hours of making your reservation, you are free to cancel or amend it. This rule is applicable to all domestic fares.
- If you can, purchase the WORKS package. Although it is more expensive, there are no modification or cancellation fees if your plans change.
- Get Elite-level status.
- You have the choice to either free cancel or free rebook your flight if it is cancelled.
- You might be able to rebook for free if your trip is changed and the new flight doesn’t work for you.
- Find out how Frontier can assist you.
Q1 How does the frontier 24-hour cancellation work?
All passengers may terminate a flight with Frontier inside the window of 24 hours of reserving if the departure time is at minimum seven days (168 hours) away. All tickets, including those that are non-refundable, are eligible for the Frontier 24-hour cancellation policy.
Q2 What will happen if I cancel my frontier airlines flight?
Depending on your ticket and the time it was purchased,
1) You won’t be assessed any cancellation costs if you amend or cancel a WORKS ticket.
2) No matter what kind of ticket you have, if you bought it in the last 24 hours, you can get a refund for free if your flight is at least seven days away.
3) You won’t be charged a fee if you cancel, modify, or replace a basic ticket at least 60 days prior to travel.
4) You will be billed USD 39 if you change or cancel your flight 59 to 7 days before travel.
5) You will be billed USD 59 if you change or cancel your flight six days or fewer before departure (including the same day).
Q3 Can I cancel a flight and get a refund? Will Frontier give me a refund?
If you buy your ticket a minimum of 7 days before your intended departure date and decide to cancel it less than 24 hours later, Frontier Airlines will refund your purchase. You may also be eligible for a refund if:
1) There is a flight cancellation.
2) You ask for a refund after purchasing a refundable ticket (the WORKS).
3) A reservation issued between December 22, 2020, and September 30, 2021, is cancelled.
4) You change your mind 60 days or more before your flight.
5) You cancel a Last Seat Award ticket or an award ticket 180 days or more before departure.
6) You can demonstrate that you had to cancel your flight due to illness or the death of a close relative.