Under the Etihad cancellation policy, only refundable tickets can be canceled and will be fully refunded. You must confirm that your ticket is refundable before canceling your reservation (with or without cancellation fees).
Customer Support Number: +1-800-504-6979
Our travel plans are constantly changing. If you wish to cancel your Etihad Airways flight, we recommend you first familiarize yourself with the Etihad cancellation policy. The airline offers the best service and prices to help consumers get the most out of their travels. However, Etihad Airways flight cancellation policy can cause problems when travelers want to cancel their tickets.
Additionally, this article provides all the relevant information to help you balance your Etihad flight. Please read the terms and conditions and review all Etihad cancellation charges before requesting cancellation.
According to Etihad Cancellation Policy, only refundable tickets can be canceled and fully refunded. Please refer to the fare conditions printed on your ticket to see.
- If you can, cancel your ticket.
- If so, what are the fees?
Etihad Cancellation Policy
Under the Etihad Cancellation Policy allows you to request a full refund of your flight booking if:
- One of the flights in the itinerary has been canceled.
- The flight needs to be operated as planned.
- Etihad Airways did not board a flight with a confirmed booking despite meeting the check-in deadline and boarding time.
- Etihad Airways does not make stops at stopovers or destinations.
- Etihad will miss your connecting flight with a confirmed booking.
- Etihad cancellation policy allows you to request a full refund of the unused portion of your ticket if you cancel your trip after your flight has been delayed by at least 5 hours.
- Get a full refund if you book your ticket to or from the United States at least seven days before your scheduled departure date and cancel within 24 hours of purchase. America.
- Etihad Airways ticket cancellation policy also allows you to cancel your ticket and request a full refund if you hold a fully refundable ticket.
Etihad Cancellation Policy for COVID
Etihad cancellation policy for COVID-19 no longer applies to flight bookings made after 31 May 2022. It means that all-
- Tickets issued/reissued by May 31, 2022, must be used by September 30, 2022.
- All refunds related to COVID-19 must be completed by May 31, 2022.
- Standard fare rules apply for tickets issued before May 31, 2022, or for travel on or after September 30, 2022.
Etihad Cancellation Policy for USA
If you book your ticket to/from the US directly at Etihad Airways US ticket office at least seven days before departure, you can cancel within 24 hours of purchasing your ticket for a full refund.
Etihad Cancellation Refund
Etihad has been known for its quality customer service, and it shows with their cancellation and refund policies. They understand that life doesn’t always go as planned, and so they have created a system to help customers who need to cancel their flights. Etihad offers a full cancellation refund for any booking made at least seven days prior to the departure date. Customers can then use the refund to book a new flight or receive a refund in the original form of payment.
Customers who choose to book a new flight can also receive a discount on their fare by using the Refund Credit Note they receive. Additionally, if a customer books a flight with Etihad at least seven days before departure, they are eligible for a cancellation waiver that waives fees for cancellations made within 24 hours of the trip’s scheduled departure. is constantly searching for ways to enhance customer service and create the most frictionless and pleasant experiences for their clients.
Etihad Cancellation Policy within 24 Hours
- An airway allows travelers to cancel a reservation within 24 hours of booking for a full refund. You do not have to pay a cancellation fee if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours.
- It allows a passenger to purchase a ticket up to one week before departure.
- You can cancel free of charge if you booked less than a week in advance and cancel within 24 hours.
Etihad Cancellation Fee
Depending on the itinerary and kind of ticket booked, an Etihad Airways cancellation fee of USD 200 may apply. However, here is everything you need to know about cancellations by Etihad Airways. –
- The most restrictive fare rule will apply for a flight canceled with multiple fare rules.
- If you cancel your Etihad Airways ticket less than 96 hours before the scheduled departure time, the airline will charge an additional cancellation fee of 10%.
- There is no cost to cancel your Etihad Airways flight if you lose a family member.
- The cancellation fee will depend on the following factors:
- Fare type
- The Deal
- Classic or Flex
- Your route
- If you book multiple fares, the most restrictive fare will apply.
- Cancellation charges depend on the fare rules of the original ticket.
- You must notify Etihad Airways that you will miss your flight as soon as possible. Otherwise, your return/next flight may be canceled.
- Please contact the partner airline directly if you are traveling with a partner airline.
- You must contact the third party directly to cancel a ticket booked by a third party.
Etihad Flight Delay Compensation
Passengers of Etihad Airways have recently faced difficulties with flight delays. As a result, many passengers have sought to pursue compensation for their inconvenience. Fortunately, Etihad offers various avenues for passengers to receive flight delay compensation.
Depending on the circumstances, passengers may be eligible for either cash compensation or travel vouchers. In order to receive compensation, passengers must provide proof of their situation, including a copy of their flight ticket and proof of their delay. Furthermore, the delay must have been caused by the airline itself and not external factors. Once passengers have submitted the necessary documents, Etihad will assess the claim and make a decision.
If the claim is approved, the appropriate compensation will be provided. While the process may seem complex at first, Etihad has put in place a system to ensure that passengers are fairly compensated for their delays. If you have experienced a delay with your Etihad flight, be sure to take advantage of the compensation opportunities available to you.
Etihad Airways Ticket Cancellation Procedure
The Etihad Airways ticket cancellation process is straightforward. You can cancel your ticket: To cancel your Etihad Airways booking. You can call on this toll-free number at+1-800-504-6979 available 24/7 in USA.
- By phone (+1-800-504-6979)
- Online, through “Manage My Booking.”
- Visit Etihad.com.
- On the Administration tab, select View or change reservations.
- Enter your booking reference/ticket number and last name.
- Then select “Find My Booking.”
- Please select the flight you wish to cancel.
- Finally, please follow the instructions on the screen to cancel your reservation.
Etihad choice plus cancellation policy
The Etihad Choice Plus cancellation policy is designed to provide customers with maximum flexibility when it comes to cancelling their flights. The policy allows customers to cancel their flights up to 24 hours prior to departure and receive a full refund of the fare.
Additionally, customers can make changes to their flights free of charge up to 2 hours prior to departure. In some cases, customers may be eligible for a partial refund for their flight if they miss the 24-hour mark. It’s important to note that any additional services purchased in conjunction with the flight, such as extra leg-room seating or lounge access, will not be eligible for a refund if cancelled within 24 hours of departure.
All cancellations must be made through the Etihad Choice Plus website. Customers are urged to read through the full cancellation policy in detail to ensure they understand the terms and conditions of the policy.
Etihad Airways Cancellation Compensation
If your Etihad flight cancel due to reasons within the airline’s control, you are entitled to receive flight compensation from Etihad:
- You will get EUR 400 for flights not exceeding 3,500km
- You will get EUR 600 for flights exceeding 3,500km
Etihad Airways flight compensation will reduce by 50% if you get an alternative flight for which the arrival time does not exceed the original flight’s arrival time:
- By 3 hours for flights within 3,500km
- By 4 hours for flights exceeding 3,500km
Etihad Refund Policy
According to Etihad Refund Policy, All airline tickets come with fare conditions, which set the ticket’s price and refund policy.
- Refunds usually take 14-30 business days to appear on your card/statement.
- Tickets are refundable if unused.
- You can not reverse refunds and cancellations.
- Refunds are subject to ticket fare rules.
- Tickets must be issued five days in advance and purchased with a single credit card.
- Refunds will process to the original payment method. If you no longer use the credit card used for payment, you must contact Etihad Airways.
- Services and incidentals are non-refundable.
If you have any questions about the refund policy or need assistance, call +1-800-504-6979.
What is Etihad Economy Cancellation Policy?
According to Etihad Airways’ Economy Cancellation Policy:
- You can not cancel or get a refund of Economy Cabin, Economy Sale, and Economy Value fares.
- Economy Choice fares may incur cancellation fees depending on fare type and route.
- The Economy Choice Plus fare is free of cancellation and refunds.
Can I get my money back if I cancel my Etihad flight?
What is the cancellation fee for Etihad Airways?
If a booking is canceled within 96 hours of travel, the penalty charged by Etihad Airways is AED 150. It will be charged in addition to any applicable cancellation charges as stated in the fare conditions. However, no cancellation charges apply.
- For flights departing from outside the United Arab Emirates.
- If the flight is canceled or changed by Etihad Airways;
- The passenger canceled due to testing positive for COVID-19.
- Passengers canceled due to travel restrictions/bans preventing passenger travel.
Can I cancel my flight and get a full refund?
If your flight cancels or does not operate as planned, you can cancel your ticket and receive a full refund.
Etihad Airways will only board flights with confirmed bookings if the check-in and boarding deadlines.
Flight does not stop at destination/stopover.
- If you miss your connecting flight with a confirmed reservation.
- If you decided not to travel because your flight delay by at least 5 hours.
- Tickets are fully refundable if you book a flight to or from the US directly through an Etihad Airways US agent at least seven days before departure and cancel within 24 hours of purchase.