Given the ongoing changes in travel restrictions, it is imperative to be aware of the airlines’ flight change policies. If your plans change, JetBlue, one of the most well-known airlines in the nation, has a great flight change policy.
In this Blog, we’ll take a look at the JetBlue flight change policy and how it works. We’ll explore the various fees you might pay if you change your flight. With this information, you’ll be able to make the best decision for your next Book JetBlue flight.
Contact Support Number:+1-866-217-1292
JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Standard Tickets
Customers may alter their scheduled flight under JetBlue’s Change Policy for Standard Tickets up to 24 hours before departure.
Customers can change their flight date, time, or destination without any additional fees. As long as the new flight is within the same fare class and origin/destination city pair.
If you book your ticket on or after June 8, 2022:
- No fee will apply for Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint fares if you change 1 day prior departure.
- A same-day change fee of USD 75 will apply for changing Blue, Blue Plus, and Mint fares. The fee is free for Blue Extra fares.
JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Mosaic Members
JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Mosaic Members allows customers to change their flights with ease. The policy allows Mosaic members to make changes to their flight plans without incurring any change fees. This means that members can make a one-time change to their flight itinerary.
Just link including the origin and destination cities, date, time, and even the flight number, without paying additional fees. The policy also allows Mosaic members to cancel their flights and receive a full refund of the fare paid.
Additionally, Mosaic members are eligible for priority standby. So they can get on a new flight if their original flight is canceled or delayed. JetBlue Flight Change Policy for Mosaic Members provides customers with the flexibility to make changes to their flights.
Free changes within 24 hours of original departure
Yes, that’s correct. JetBlue allows its passengers to change their flight plans within 24 hours of the original scheduled departure for free. As long as the change is made within the specified time frame. This means you can modify your flight itinerary without being charged a change fee. However, availability of the new flight may be limited, and the fare for your new flight may be higher than your original ticket.
Free changes due to schedule change by JetBlue
Here are the key points regarding JetBlue’s policy for free flight changes due to schedule changes made by the airline:
- Eligibility: This policy applies to all JetBlue tickets, regardless of the fare type.
- Time frame: The policy allows for free flight changes within a specified time frame, which may vary depending on the situation.
- Reason for change: The policy only applies when the flight change is due to a schedule change made by JetBlue, such as a change in departure or arrival time.
- Availability: Availability of alternate flights may be limited and subject to change.
- Alternate flight options: JetBlue will provide alternate flight options for the affected passengers and will make the necessary arrangements to accommodate them.
- Notification: JetBlue will notify affected passengers of schedule changes and their options for changing their flight.
- Online or by phone: Passengers can make changes to their flight through the JetBlue website or by contacting the airline’s customer service center.
Change Through JetBlue Account or Customer Service
To change your JetBlue flight through the airline’s website or mobile app, you can follow these steps:
- Log into your JetBlue.com account: Go to the JetBlue website, click on the “Sign In” button, and enter your login credentials to access your account.
- Navigate to the “My Trips” section: From the main menu, click on the “My Trips” option to view your flight itinerary and reservation details.
- Select the flight you wish to change: Find the flight you wish to change and click on the “Change flight” button next to it.
- Choose the new flight: Select the new flight that you would like to book, taking into consideration the availability and fare difference.
- Review and confirm the change: Review the details of the new flight and make any necessary changes. Once you are satisfied, confirm the change and pay any applicable fees.
Availability And Fare Restrictions
Here are some restrictions to keep in mind when changing a flight with JetBlue:
- Availability: The availability of flights may be limited, particularly during peak travel times, holidays, or when a flight is fully booked. This means that your desired flight or seat may not be available at the time of your change request.
- Fare restrictions: When changing a flight, the fare for your new flight may be higher than the original ticket, especially during peak travel times, holidays, or last-minute changes. In some cases, the fare difference may be waived if you are upgrading to a more expensive ticket class, but this may also be subject to availability.
- Time restrictions: Changes to a flight must be made within 24 hours of the original scheduled departure, otherwise, a change fee may apply. This fee may vary depending on the ticket type and destination, and may be waived for certain types of fares or for flights changed due to a schedule change made by JetBlue.
- Ticket type restrictions: Some ticket types, such as non-refundable fares, may have more restrictive change policies, such as higher change fees or limited availability. It’s important to check the specific terms and conditions of your ticket type before making a change.
- Destination restrictions: Some destinations may have different change policies or restrictions based on local regulations, travel restrictions, or other factors. It’s important to check the specific terms and conditions of your destination before making a change.
- Flexible travel policy restrictions: JetBlue’s flexible travel policy, which allows passengers to change or cancel their flight without penalty, is subject to certain restrictions and is only available for a limited time. These restrictions may include specific time frames, travel dates, and destination restrictions, and may change without notice.
JetBlue Change Fees
JetBlue Airways charges a fee for flight changes made outside of the 24-hour window from the original scheduled departure. The change fee varies based on the ticket type and destination. For Blue Basic fares, the fee is typically $75 per person, per segment. For Blue Plus, Blue Flex, and Mint fares, the fee is typically $100 per person, per segment.
JetBlue Change Fee Tips
Here are some tips to minimize JetBlue’s flight change fee:
- If you need to make changes to your flight, do within 24 hours of original departure. Changes made within this time frame are free, subject to availability.
- You can book your flight through JetBlue’s website or mobile app. JetBlue offers a flexible travel policy, which allows passengers to change or cancel their flight without penalty. If they book their tickets through the airline’s website or mobile app.
- JetBlue’s “Blue Flex” fare type allows for unlimited flight changes and cancellations for a fee, which can be less than the change fee for other fare types.
- If JetBlue makes a schedule change to your flight, you may be able to change your flight for free.
- Be flexible with your travel dates. Changing your flight to a different day or time may result in a lower change fee.
JetBlue Flight Rebooking Options
JetBlue Airways offers several options for rebooking a flight:
- Online: Passengers can log into their JetBlue account and make changes to their flight itinerary.
- Call center: Passengers can also call the JetBlue customer service center to change their flight.
- Ticket counter: If a passenger needs to make a change to their flight and is at the airport, they can visit a JetBlue ticket counter to speak with an agent.
How to Change Your JetBlue Flight Booking
To change your JetBlue flight booking, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your JetBlue account on the airline’s website.
- Select the “Manage Trips” option and then choose the flight you wish to change.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to make the necessary changes to your booking. This may include choosing a new flight, updating your seat selection, or making changes to your passenger information.
- Review the details of your new booking, including any applicable change fees, and then proceed to checkout to confirm your changes.
You can also change your JetBlue flight booking by calling the airline’s customer service center. When you call, have your flight details and personal information handy, as you may need to provide this information to the representative assisting you.
It’s important to keep in mind that changes made outside of the 24-hour window from the original departure may be subject to a change fee, and availability for the new flight may be limited. Additionally, the fare for the new flight may be higher than your original ticket.
How to Use JetBlue’s Travel Bank Credit
JetBlue’s Travel Bank Credit is a form of credit that can be used to pay for future JetBlue flights. If you have unused credit in your Travel Bank account, you can use it to pay for a new flight by following these steps:
- Book a flight: Book a new flight on JetBlue’s website or through the mobile app.
- Select Payment Method: During the booking process, select “Travel Bank Credit” as your payment method.
- Apply Travel Bank Credit: Enter the amount of Travel Bank credit you want to use and complete the payment process.
- Confirmation: You will receive an email confirming your payment along with information about your flight and the amount of Travel Bank credit utilised.
In conclusion, JetBlue’s flight change policy is flexible and allows passengers to make changes to their itinerary for a fee. Changes can be made online through the JetBlue account, through the customer service center, or at the airport. JetBlue also offers a risk-free cancellation policy, which allows customers to cancel their reservation and receive a full refund within 24 hours of booking.
Passengers are encouraged to review JetBlue’s change policy before making changes to their itinerary to ensure they understand the fees and conditions associated with flight changes.