WestJet Flight Change Policy: WestJet Airlines provides its customers significant advantages when they choose to fly with them; one such advantage of WestJet Airlines is its Flight Change Policy. No matter what kind of ticket you bought, you can change your reservation without paying a cost for a flight change for a maximum of 24 hours after the time of making your reservation. The following is the WestJet flight change policy in various circumstances, such as for flights impacted by particular dates and travel warnings.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-504-6979
WestJet flight change policy various circumstances
Flight Change Policies for WestJet Flights Scheduled from March 3, 2020, to January 20, 2023-
- For every flight reservation between March 3, 2020, and January 20, 2023, you are entitled to a single exemption of the change cost.
- The change of flight must be requested at least twenty – four hours prior to departure.
- Any form of adjustments to your flight must be paid for with the appropriate fare difference. If the revised fare is less expensive, the amount will be given to you as an airline travel credit that you can spend in the future.
- All changes must be made within 24hrs of takeoff. Otherwise, the usual flight change cost will apply.
- You could contact the airline directly to complete your request for a flight change if you purchased your ticket from a travel agency or another airline.
Flight Adjustment Procedures for WestJet Flights Affected by Travel Advisories-
In the event that an airport shutdown, severe weather alert, or disease outbreak prevents you from travelling, WestJet will eliminate the flight change cost until business as usual is resumed.
- Modify your departure and arrival dates without paying the additional fee.
- Alter your flight dates with or without altering your destination.
- In the event that your destination point is close to the first, you won’t won’t be bound by any ticket difference.
- If your new location is distant from your original destination, you will be responsible for the fare difference.
- The refund policies for your ticket category will be effective if your replacement fare is less expensive.
- You can change your flight and get a refund in accordance with the appropriate fare type refund policies.
24-Hour Flight Alteration Policies of WestJet
During 24 hours, you are free to make changes to your flight reservation. Suppose you register your reservation at least 24 hours before your scheduled departure. In that case, WestJet gives you a free 24-h period from the moment you buy it to implement adjustments to your flight plan or to cancel it without incurring any fees.
It implies that as long as you buy your ticket at least one day before takeoff, you are free to change your flight time, date, and destination inside 24hrs of booking it. You must pay the additional charge if your ticket is more expensive. The remainder will be returned if the current ticket is less expensive.
After 24 hours, WestJet flight change policy
After 24 hours of booking, you cannot make any modifications to a Basic fare. Depending on the type of ticket you bought, a flight modification fee can be charged for other fares.
The following fares are exempt from the fee for flight modifications. However, you will still be required to pay the corresponding fare difference:
- Fares for BusinessFlex and PremiumFlex
- Fare for EconoFlex
WestJet Flight Change Cost/Fees/Penalty
Depending on your price type, the itinerary, and the timing of the adjustments, you may incur additional fees or face a penalty for making a ticket modification.
- Every flight ticket can be modified within 24hrs after purchase without incurring a cost as provided, as your flight’s outbound flight is at least twenty-four hours from now.
- For the accompanying fares, there is no change fee. However, the discrepancy in fares will be charged:
- All routes for PremiumFlex and BusinessFlex pricing.
- Fares on Econo Flex—within Canada.
- All tickets are subject to change up to two hours prior to departure, including the associated flight change fee/penalty.
- Your flight will be classed as a No-Show, and the entire ticket will be forfeited if you don’t modify or cancel it before takeoff.
|WestJet Flight Change Fees|
|Flight Change Cost||Econo Fares||Econo Flex Fares||Premium Fares||Business Fares|
|Within Canada||CAD 50-59||No change fee||CAD 50-59||CAD 100-118|
|Canada to Other Destinations||CAD/USD 50-59||CAD/USD 25-30||CAD/USD 50-59||CAD/USD 100-118|
|Canada to Europe||CAD 100-118|
|Within 60 days of departure|
|Within Canada||CAD 100-118||No change fee||CAD 100-118||CAD 100-118|
|Canada to Other Destinations||CAD/USD 100-118||CAD/USD 100-118||CAD/USD 100-118||CAD/USD 100-118|
|Canada to Europe||CAD 250-295|
WestJet Flight Change Policy by Fare Type
Flight Change Policy for Basic Tickets
Basic fare tickets cannot be altered beyond the 24-h period, just as with flight cancellations.
Flight Change Policy for Econo Tickets
Econo tickets can be modified beyond the initial 24 hours for a cost. But the fares will be different. According to the table above, the price of a flight change may vary depending on your destination and whether you make the change more than 60 days prior to leaving or less than 60 days before departure.
Flight Change Policy for Econo Flex Tickets
Changes to Econo Flex tickets within Canada are free, while changes to tickets on other routes cost money. You must, however, pay the appropriate fare difference. The price of a flight change will depend on your destination and whether you make the adjustment more than 60 days prior to your flight (which is less expensive) or less than 60 days prior to your flight (costlier).
Flight Change Policy for Premium Tickets
Changes to Premium Tickets are subject to a price. However, changes to PremiumFlex Tickets are free of charge on all itineraries. Yet you must pay the price difference. According to the table above, the price of a flight change may vary depending on your destination and whether you make the change and over 60 days prior to leaving or less than 60 days prior to your trip.
Flight Change Policy for Business Tickets
Except for BusinessFlex tickets, which can be exchanged for free on any route, Business class tickets also have a flight change fee. Nonetheless, you will be responsible for the additional fare. The price of a flight change will vary on your destination and whether you make the adjustment and over 60 days prior to your flight (which is less expensive) or less than 60 days prior to your flight (costlier).
Flight Change Policy for Award Tickets
The cost of changing a flight on an award ticket will vary based on the kind of ticket you purchased using Travel Bank money. You must pay the difference in fare if the new flight is more expensive; however, the account will be reimbursed for the difference if it is less expensive.
Flight Change Fees for Same-Day Flight Changes
For all ticket classes, with the exception of Basic price tickets, WestJet permits same-day flight adjustments. Based on your itinerary and the type of ticket you bought, the price of a same-day flight change will vary.
|Same-Day Flight Change Fees||Econo||Econo Flex||Premium||Business|
|Within Canada||CAD 150-177||Nil||CAD 100-118||Nil|
|Canada to Other Destinations||CAD/USD 150-177||CAD/USD 100-118||CAD/USD 100-118||Nil|
|Canada to Europe||CAD 150-177||CAD 150-177||CAD 150-177||Nil|
How to Change a Flight on WestJet
Your WestJet flight can be modified as follows:
- Via phone +1-800-504-6979
- Using Control travels online through WestJet online portal.
- Through means of your travel agent
- Or you can contact Flight Assistance. We will help you get more affordable flight tickets while simultaneously helping you feel happier and more optimistic—all at fully realistic costs. We want to stick around and bring about more happy times. Visit www.flightassistance.com to find out more information about flights. You can also call (800) 504-6979 or send an email to help @flightsassistance.com to get in touch with us. In order to make your vacation effortless and pleasurable, we provide the 700 sites stated above. In addition, your executive will help you with travel arrangements and reservation-making.
How to Change Your WestJet Flight Online
To change your flight’s departure or arrival time, as well as its itinerary, online:
- Browse out WestJet.com
- Select “Manage travels.”
- Choose Manage flights now.
- To access your trip, type:
- Your booking reference
- Your full name
- Press the search icon.
- Your screen will provide the specifics of your flight.
- Follow the instructions to:
- Choose a flight.
- Modify the time, date, or location of your flight
- Pay the additional charge if the site shows any.
Your new ticket will be sent to the email address you specified when making your reservation.
The time, date, and location of your flight can all be changed. There is no price for changing flights if you are flying on a PremierFlex, BusinessFlex, or EconoFlex fare (on all itineraries) or within Canada. You must, however, pay the additional fare.
If the following conditions are met, you can alter your flight without paying a fee:
You reserved a flight for March 3, 2020, through July 5, 2022.
A travel warning disrupted your travel plans.
You purchase your flight at least twenty – four hours before departure, and you make the modifications within 24 hours of doing so.
You bought a ticket on any route using PremiumFlex, BusinessFlex, or EconoFlex within Canada.
Q. How can I reschedule my flight?
If you bought your ticket directly from WestJet, you could change your flight over the phone by calling +1-800-504-6979, online through Manage flights, or via your travel agent. Or you can contact FlightAssitance.com. We will help you get more affordable flight tickets while simultaneously helping you feel happier and more optimistic—all at fully realistic costs. We want to stick around and bring about more happy times. Visit www.flightassistance.com to find out more information about flights. You can also call (800) 504-6979 or send an email to help @flightsassistance.com to get in touch with us. In order to make your vacation effortless and pleasurable, we provide the 700 sites stated above. In addition, your executive will help you with travel arrangements and reservation-making.
You cannot transfer your ticket to another person; however, you can share your WestJet dollars with another member. Taxes and a transfer fee will be incurred by you. If you purchase a ticket on behalf of the other individual, you may also use WestJet money to do so.
You are likely to incur a flight change fee if you change your flight reservation within 24hrs of buying your ticket as long as you purchase it at least twenty – four hours prior to your flight.