Delta Baggage Policy: The most important aspect of a trip is packing your bags. Additionally, things work out to be convenient and comfy, particularly if you have some awareness of your airline’s Baggage Policy.
Delta Airlines, headquartered in central Atlanta, Georgia, is a traditional US airline that serves domestic and international destinations. A range of top-notch services makes the airline a favorite among fans worldwide, and flexible policies ensure hassle-free and safe flights. This flight comes with many perks, including Delta baggage policy.
Delta Airlines Carry-On Baggage
Delta’s regular base fare baggage policy includes the following:
- Carry-on bags
- One Complimentary Personal item
- One Complimentary Cabin Baggage
- Checked Baggage –
Charges per bag increase with the number of checked bags.
- Overweight and Oversized Baggage –
Charges will apply per piece of baggage based on weight and size category.
- Sporting Goods –
Again charges may apply to certain items.
Please refer to Delta’s website for excess baggage allowances to/from Africa, the Caribbean, Central America, Japan, Mexico and South America.
Delta Airlines Checked Baggage Policy
Delta Airlines allows one carry-on bag and one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) free of charge per passenger.
- Economy: 50 pound/23 kg
- Delta One: 70 pound/32 kg
- First Class: 70 pound/32 kg
- Business Class: 70 pound/32 kg
Carry-on baggage must not exceed the following size and weight limits:
- The baggage should be forty-five linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 inches) or 115 centimeters (56 x 36 x 23 cm).
- It should fit in the overhead bin or under the front seat.
- Personal items must be of a size that will fit under the seat in front of you.
- Delta Airlines does not count Jackets, umbrellas, diaper bags, duty-free goods and aids (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, car seats, etc.) as hand luggage.
Delta Baggage Policy for Domestic Flight
- For passengers travelling domestically on Delta Air Lines, the standard charge for one checked bag is $30, and the second is $40. However, if you exceed the 3-bag limit, you will be fined $150 as Delta’s excess baggage fee.
- There is no fee for passengers with Delta One/Delta Premium or Business Class tickets.
- Penalties apply only to economy class tickets.
Baggage Policy for International Flight
Delta international baggage policy is relatively different from domestic airlines baggage policy. Individual tickets determine whether a passenger is entitled to carry baggage.
- Passengers from Canada or the United States to Europe or anywhere in the Middle East to Asia or the South East of Australia are permitted at least one checked baggage allowance. In rare cases, a passenger may carry two bags.
- Basic Economy + Delta Comfort + Main Cabin – Customers with tickets on the fares below do not have a Delta baggage allowance. However, you can bring your luggage with you for a small fee.
- First Class + Delta Premium Select + Delta One – Passengers who purchase tickets in the following classes have a free D baggage allowance policy of up to 2 bags (50 lbs to 70 lbs) in one pack can have to the flight on Delta Airlines.
Please note that prices vary depending on the ticket booked and from country to country. In some cases, basic economy passengers are also allowed a baggage allowance. Passengers can also view Delta Airlines cancellation policy to make their trip hassle-free.
Delta airlines baggage weight limits
All passengers should be aware that Delta baggage weight strictly depends on the type of ticket purchased by the passenger.
- According to Delta’s baggage allowance, all checked baggage must weigh less than 50 pounds or 23 kg, except for premium tickets.
- If you buy an economy class ticket, you can check luggage up to 70 pounds or 32 kg.
- First Class or Business Class tickets must respect the 62-inch size. In other words, Delta’s luggage size must be 158 cm.
Delta baggage policy is strict and non-negotiable. So be sure to weight your luggage before heading to the airport. Failure to comply with Delta baggage policy may result in penalties.
Delta airline extra baggage fee
Traveling can be a hassle, especially when it comes to packing and paying for extras. Delta Airlines knows this and has a strict policy when it comes to baggage fees. Delta enforces an extra baggage fee of $60 per bag if you check more than two bags. This fee applies to each bag over two and is non-refundable and non-transferable. The fee is also applicable for both domestic and international flights, so travelers need to be aware of this before they pack.
It is important to note that the fee does not apply if you are a SkyMiles Member, use a co-branded Delta credit card, or have a premium cabin ticket. If you are bringing more than two bags, Delta recommends that you weigh and measure each bag before you arrive at the airport. This will help you save time and money, as airlines may charge an additional fee for overweight or oversized bags
Delta Air Lines Baggage Size
Delta airlines baggage policy has separate baggage size rules. Passengers must follow some guidelines set by the airline for a successful flight. The limits are:
- Delta passengers can choose between one carry-on or two standard bags when travelling. Ensure your carry-on baggage fits in the overhead compartment or under the seat.
- Maximum baggage dimensions must be 62 inches or 157 centimeters.
- Delta passengers are allowed two personal items and one carry-on bag. Individual items are suitcases, camera bags, or other small luggage items.
- According to Federal Aviation Administration (FFA) regulations, the dimensions of personal items must not exceed 22 x 14 x 9 inches. The total length limits above include all types of wheels or handles.
- However, there is an exception for musical instruments to Delta baggage restrictions. They are relatively small but should be small enough. (Only if the device fits entirely in the overhead space or the space directly in front of the passenger seat).
- According to Delta baggage policy, infants are not allowed in carry-on baggage, but an average amount of baby food and diapers may carry as carry-on baggage.
- If the passenger is between the ages of 2-11 and has a paid ticket, a 10 kg or 45-inch baggage allowance is allowed.
Delta Air Lines Baggage Fees
According to Delta baggage policy, Delta baggage fees vary by ticket type. It is essential that passengers fully understand baggage charges. All passengers are subject to the fare published at the time of purchase.
The following passengers are exempt from Delta basic baggage allowance:
- Delta One, Delta Premium Select, Business Class and Delta First Customers
- US Military Members Traveling on Government Mandate
- SkyMiles Platinum, Diamond, Silver and Gold Members.
Delta Airlines Overweight Baggage Fee
Airlines offer a lot of perks to their passengers, but things go wrong when every passenger starts carrying extra luggage. Delta Airlines will consider the second piece of baggage as excess, and the passenger will be required to pay USD 100 for baggage weighing 51-70 pounds and USD 200 for baggage weighing 71-100 pounds.
However, if the third piece of baggage is overweight, the passenger will have to pay an additional fee. If your third piece of luggage exceeds Delta’s international baggage allowance, you will be required to pay approximately US$450.
Rules for Carrying Musical Instruments in Delta Airlines
Passengers may carry musical instruments but they must fit in the luggage compartment. If your device is too fragile to be checked in as checked baggage or too large to count as carry-on baggage, you may need to purchase an adjacent seat for your instrument. In no event shall the weight of the device exceed 160 pounds.
Delta airline baggage restrictions
Flying with Delta Airlines can be a great experience, but it’s important to understand their baggage restrictions before you book your flight. The amount of checked bags and carry-on items you can bring depends on your fare type and destination. Generally,
Delta allows one carry-on bag and one personal item per customer, and the maximum weight for a carry-on bag is 40 pounds. Additionally, the dimensions of your carry-on bag cannot exceed 45 linear inches. For checked baggage, Delta allows up to 10 bags per passenger, as long as each bag does not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
There are fees for additional bags and for any bag that weighs over 50 pounds. When packing for your flight, be sure to take into account any items that are not allowed, such as hazardous materials. If you have any questions about the airline’s baggage restrictions, you can contact a representative from the Delta Airlines customer service team. Be sure to read through the baggage policy carefully to make sure you don’t run into
Delta business class Baggage allowance
Flying with Delta in business class is a great experience. Not only do you get to enjoy the luxurious seating and amenities, but you also get to take advantage of the generous baggage allowance. Delta business class allows you to bring two checked bags, each of which can weigh up to 70 lbs, and you can bring along a carry-on item that can weigh up to 40 lbs.
You can also bring a personal item such as a briefcase or laptop bag. You can rest assured that all of your belongings are safe and secure while traveling with Delta business class. On top of the generous baggage allowance, you will also enjoy priority boarding and access to Delta Sky Clubs. With priority boarding, you can board the plane first and get settled into your seat before the other passengers. If you have any questions or concerns about your baggage allowance,
Delta has a dedicated customer service team to help answer your questions. With the generous baggage allowance, luxury seating, and priority boarding, traveling in Delta business class is a great
Delta overweight baggage fee
The Delta Airlines overweight baggage fee is an additional fee that may be charged when certain baggage items exceed the weight limit that Delta has set for checked baggage. This fee is determined by the number of excess pounds that the item exceeds the weight limit by. For example, if a traveler’s bag is five pounds over the weight limit, they may be charged an additional fee of $50. In some cases, Delta may even refuse to accept an item that is too heavy,
so it is important to pay attention to the weight limit of checked baggage when traveling with Delta. It is also important to note that overweight baggage fees are non-refundable, so it is important to double check the weight of any checked items before arriving at the airport.
To help avoid these fees, travelers can use luggage scales to measure the weight of their items, and if possible, pack lighter items or find alternate ways to transport heavier items. Ultimately, the Delta overweight baggage fee can be a costly addition to any trip,
Delta international premium select baggage allowance
When traveling with Delta International Premium Select, customers are entitled to an impressive baggage allowance. Passengers may carry up to two personal items and two carry-on items, each weighing a maximum of 18 pounds.
Additionally, checked bag allowance is generous, with two items each weighing up to 50 pounds. This checked baggage allowance is applicable to all flights, no matter the destination, making it a great perk of the Delta International Premium Select. Each passenger is allowed up to ten pieces of checked baggage, depending upon the size and weight of the items.
Those who are traveling with larger items are encouraged to contact Delta for assistance with finding the best way to transport the items. Overall, Delta’s baggage allowance for International Premium Select passengers is among the most generous in the industry and is sure to be appreciated by frequent travelers.
Rules for Bringing Pets On Board Delta Airlines
You can bring pets such as cats, dogs and birds on board for a small fee. You need to lock them tight and fit them in the area under the seat. Prices can range from $120 to $200, but in Brazil, it’s only $75.
However, Delta’s partners may have different rules and regulations. Be sure to check before you bring you’re pet to Delta Air Lines. Check out and read the Delta Airlines Pet Policy.
For more flight-related information, you can log in to www.flightsassistance.com. We ensure to provide you with the best flight experience. With over 700 destinations, we aim to make your journey comfortable and blissful. Our executive will guide you through booking and exploring the world.
1. What is Delta Baggage Policy?
Delta’s (DL) regular base fare baggage policy includes the following:
- Carry-on bags
- One Complimentary Personal item
- One Complimentary Cabin Baggage
- Checked Baggage / Checked Baggage – Charges per bag increase with the number of checked bags.
- Overweight and Oversized Baggage – Charges will apply per piece of baggage based on weight and size category.
- Charges may apply for sporting goods.
2. How many bags does Delta allow for free?
You can take free a carry-on bag and personal items on Delta flights. Passengers must pay for checked baggage if they wish to bring it on board.
3. Do I get a free checked bag with Delta?
Yes, Delta allows you to check in up to 4 bags for a small fee. The first bag is US$30, the second bag is US$40, the third bag is US$150, and the fourth bag is US$200.
4. How many carry on bags allowed delta?
Each passenger flying with Delta can bring 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item free of charge (such as a purse, laptop bag or item of similar size that will fit underneath the seat in front of you).
5. Do you get free carry on with delta?
1 Personal Item. Each passenger flying with Delta can bring 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item free of charge (such as a purse, laptop bag or item of similar size that will fit underneath the seat in front of you).
6. Does Delta Airlines charge for carry-on baggage?
No, Delta does not charge carry-on baggage fees. Each passenger is allowed at least one carry-on bag for her. However, if the weight limit or dimensions exceed the carry-on baggage allowance, the passenger must pay for it.
7. Delta maximum baggage size?
Delta Airlines’ (DL) standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow: 2 bags standard, up to 10 bags maximum (up to 4 bags on Delta Connection) Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height). Maximum weight: 50 pounds or 23 kilograms.