Are looking forward to learning more about Southwest Airlines Pet Policy? Then great as you are just where you ought to be at the moment. In this content, you will find all the details that you will require so that you can also get to carry your pet along while travelling with Southwest Airlines.
Book Pet Reservation: +1-800-504-6979
Southwest Pet Policy: Provides The Best Animal Service
Southwest Airlines’ pet Policy allows its passengers to travel along with their pets without any hassle or obstacles. However, the airlines only accept small domestic pets such as cats and dogs to travel on flights with a condition that the pet must be vaccinate. As per the airline’s pet policy, the pets must fly in their carrier only hence the owners of the pets are advise to get a comfortable yet sturdy pet carrier along with them.
Furthermore, the owners of the pet will need to contact Southwest airline’s pet booking department first to get the booking done in advance. There is a small amount of pet fee $95 for each way that the pet owner would need to pay. After which this pet fee amount will be added to the passenger’s total flight fare and the pet carrier will then be considered as a carry-on item in the personal category.
Now as per the airline’s pet policy, the pet must be small enough so that it fits into a carrier under the seat right in front of the owner. You must also keep in mind that only one pet carrier is allow per passenger and a maximum of six pets is allowed in a flight. Moreover, the pets must remain in their carrier at all times while onboard the aircraft. In addition, you should know that the airline also does not accept certain breeds including cats and dogs as several restrictions are impose by the local government. If you need any further information regarding the same then you would need to get in touch with the Southwest Airlines pet reservation department.
Restrictions For Pets on Southwest Airlines Flight
- A pet must be in a ventilated carrier during the travel.
- Throughout the journey, the pet must be within its carrier.
- The size of the carrier should exceed its maximum dimensions such as 18.5 long x 8.5 high x 13.5 wide and it must fit under your seat.
- Remember that Southwest Airlines does not allow pets to travel alone therefore you must also buy your flight ticket as well to travel alone.
- Pets that are 8 weeks old are allow to travel in Southwest such as cats and dogs.
- You should purchase a non-refundable additional seat in case you would need to accommodate your pet when travelling with a moveable oxygen concentrator.
NOTE: You must keep in mind that as per the Southwest emotional support animal policy, pet reservations can only be done on a first come first serve basis. Therefore if you would like a hassle-free pet travel service then it would be better if you get your pet reservation done ahead of time in advance by contacting the airline’s executives. Furthermore, the airline will also appreciate if your pet’s behavior is good in nature as well as compatible with air travel if not then the Southwest Animal Policy will hold the right to refuse any pet with aggressive behaviours or if they are found dangerous.
Points To Remember
- As advised you should also carry an oxygen mask for your pet just in case of an emergency; the airlines may not provide one.
- Your pet must be small in size and should fit under your seat.
- You are allow to carry only one pet per passenger.
- The pet must be vaccinate and should have the documents necessary.
- You must inform Southwest Airlines if you are bringing your pet along at the time of booking due to limits on the number of pets allowed per flight.
- Moreover, there is some amount of fee charged onboard and the fee varies depending on the distance of the flight.
- Keep in mind that as per the airline’s dog policy, the airline does not allow pets to travel in the cargo hold.
- You need to know that you are held responsible for the care and supervision of your pet throughout the journey.
Southwest Airlines Pet Fee
- Southwest Airlines is known to provide the best pet travel service and therefore it charges a pet fee of $95 for each way per pet carrier. And in case you want to cancel the travel of your pet as they cannot travel for some reason then their fares are refundable.
- Now in case the flight gets cancel and you drop the plan of rebooking then you could consult the airline’s customer care or just visit the airport ticket counter to start the refund process. You also need to know that the airline’s pet fee is subject to change at any time.
- Well, if you choose to travel on US domestic flights then you would need to book your flight in advance by contacting the official number of Southwest Airlines or call at +1-800-504-6979.
- Those who are flying on international flights should be aware of the rule that pets are not allow to fly in-cabin and neither can they travel on an itinerary that includes an international route.
Pet Bookings And Reservations on Southwest Airlines
- To make your pet reservation you will need to start by contacting Southwest Airlines customer service team at 1-800-435-9792. Or you can call us (Travel Agency) for hassle free booking at +1-800-504-6979.
- Then you just need to inform the representative that you will be travelling along with a pet and also provide them the details they require about your pet, including its breed, weight, and carrier dimensions.
- Now when the pet reservation is confirm you have to make sure to review the Southwest Airlines pet policy as well as guidelines to ensure that you have all the require documents such as a health certificate and that your pet meets the requirements for travelling by air.
- Keep in mind that your pet will need to be in an airline-approved carrier that will fit right under your seat in front of you.
- Furthermore, even during the flight your pet must remain in its carrier and under the seat at all times.
What Is Southwest Airlines Pet in Cabin Policy?
- If you carry your pet along with you then you might not be allow to take the exit seat. Nor will you be allow to have a seat with no forward under-seat stowage.
- The cabin pets are allow to travel on Southwest Airlines but not in the cargo ones.
- As per the airline’s pet carrier policy, not more than six pet carriers per flight are allow and there should only be one pet carrier per passenger.
- In international flights, no pets are allow to travel in-cabin even if the flight is flying with an international itinerary pets are still not allow to fly in Southwest Airlines.
- Whether the pet is a dog or cat it must be at least 8 weeks old to be allow to fly.
- Although the airline gives relief over carry-on pets there is no liability for the health or well-being of any pets.
- Keep in mind that as per the airline’s animal policy, it does not allow pets to travel with minors.
Southwest Airlines Approved Pet Carrier
According to Southwest Airlines’ pet carrier policy; pet owners must bring with them the instructed pet carrier only that should fit under the seat right in front of them. Hence below you will come across the guidelines for an approved pet carrier.
- The dimensions of the pet carrier should not exceed 17 long x 9.5 high x 10 wide or 18.5 long x 13.5 wide x 8.5 high.
- Furthermore, pet carriers that are soft-side and hard-side are acceptable only when they are design according to the airline’s policy.
- The pet carrier must be ventilate and leakproof so that it enables easy air travelling at the airport.
- If you meet the requirements of the pet carrier as per the policy then it would easily fit under the seat in front of you.
Requirements For Pet Carriers
- You should know that Southwest’s pet Policy only allows one pet per ticket. However, the carrier may contain two pet animals including a cat or dog, and the carrier must have the same specification as mentioned by airlines.
- They must be design in a way that the pet stays there comfortably and is also able to stand or move around easily.
- As per the airline’s dog policy pets must remain in the pet carrier while boarding or deplaning. Otherwise, failure of any pet policy guidelines can cause pet refusal to take on board.
Approved Pet Carrier Size
- The pet carrier size and dimensions should not exceed 17 long x 9.5 high x 10 wide or 18.5 long x 13.5 wide x 8.5 high as the pet must fit under the seat just right in front of you. And you have to make sure that your pet’s head and tail are also inside the carrier.
A. Southwest Airlines pet fee is $95 each way per pet carrier and a passenger is only allow to carry one pet.
A. Yes, you can take a dog on Southwest Airlines however you would need to abide by the airline’s pets rules and policy.
A. It’s a strict no, as it is against the policy of the airline; you must get a pet carrier along with you as per the size mentioned by the airline.
A. You would need to contact the airline and get the reservations made way in advance. When you arrive at the airport to check-in you must bring your pet along with you in an approved pet carrier. After which you should go to the airport ticket counter to check your pet in and then pay the ‘Pet Fare’ before you proceed to the departure gate.
A. No, you must carry your pet in a pet carrier only.
A. No, absolutely not as to travel with a pet you must have your pet inside the pet carrier under the seat in front of you.