Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy: Our primary goal in living is to go from one place to another. We barely have time to manage a few things because of our hectic daily schedules. There are several options for getting from one location to another. With the development of technology, travelling from one place to another has become simple, and flying over international borders has emerged as a benefit for humanity.
The most practical method of transportation is flying, but only if the flyer is in good health. Located in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia, Delta Airlines is a well-known U.S. carrier that flies to both domestic and foreign locations.
The airline enjoys widespread popularity among passengers because of its wide range of good services and hospitable practices. Some of its world-class features include domestic and international flights leaving from the United States, Delta Airlines no longer charges passengers to change flights. If your replacement flight ticket is more expensive than the last one, you will be obligated to pay the price difference.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-504-6979
Here are steps of Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy
However, the fee exemption does not apply to Basic Economy flights, which are non-refundable. Under some circumstances, you may be able to modify your trip (date, schedule, and destination) or ask for a reimbursement in the form of an e-Credit under Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy.
- No matter the fare, you can alter the date, time, or destination of your flight without incurring charges inside 24hrs of purchasing.
- All domestic as well as international flights departing from North America to every location are no longer subject to the permanent waiver of the Delta change flight costs. This comprises:
- Only tickets issued by Delta are eligible for changes, so if you purchased a Delta ticket through another airline, you’d need to review that company’s flight change policy.
- All international flights are run by partners with whom Delta has codeshare agreements and joint ventures, provided the flight ticket was issued by Delta.
- All trips between the United States, Mexico, and the Caribbean, including tickets for Basic Economy, are now free of change fees.
- Changes to refundable tickets are free up to 24 hours before departure, but you must pay the appropriate fare difference.
- Any changes you make to an existing flight reservation will affect all the passengers in your online reservation.
Dial the Delta Airlines flight change phone number if you have any questions or need help.
Cost to Change a Flight on Delta Airlines
According to your itinerary, the cost to modify a flight might range from USD 200 to USD 500 if it is not covered by a rescheduled exemption. Note that Basic Economy flights can only be changed or rebooked if covered by a travel indemnity or you cancel inside 24hrs and reschedule to accommodate your changing preferences.
Delta Airlines Change Fee Waiver for Basic Economy Tickets
For tickets purchased in Basic Economy, Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy. Although Basic Economy flights are typically non-changeable, throughout this time, you can make adjustments to every Basic Economy airline ticket without needing to pay a flight change fee.
You can quickly rebook your ticket if you know when you’ll travel. Also you can reschedule your flight booking with travel beginning no earlier than December 31, 2022, and then cancel it to obtain reimbursement for the total cost of your trip. You will be given a reimbursement for the cost difference if your flight is less expensive than your previous one. This credit can be used to book future travel. You will be required to pay the additional fee if the new flight is more expensive.
The temporary waiver, also known as the 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver, is applicable to all Delta tickets irrespective of the starting or ending point of your trip, as noted below:
- Date of Tickets: May 1 until December 31, 2021
- Travel Dates Affected: July 28 through December 31, 2021
- The deadline for reissuing your ticket is December 31, 2021.
- It would help if you started your journey no later than December 31, 2022.
Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy—North America and the Caribbean
All tickets, with the exception of those for Basic Economy, are changeable without additional cost.
It is applicable for:
- Tickets for travel across the globe with origins in North America.
- Tickets from the Caribbean to Mexico and North America.
- Tickets in the basic economy are covered by Delta’s 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy—Outside of North America
All flights departing from locations outside of North America that have been booked on or after May 1, 2021, are temporarily exempt from the flight change fee, thanks to Delta. As a result, there are no change fees for flights leaving from destinations outside of North America. Aside from Basic Economy, all fare classes are exempt from the change fee waiver. However, depending on the instructions on your ticket, you may be able to change certain Basic Economy tickets for a cost.
Delta Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy
After 24hrs of the flight’s scheduled departure time, Delta lets you make same-day ticket adjustments. Only these adjustments are permitted for same-day flights, subject to seat availability:
- On a Main Cabin seat on the same itinerary and travel class.
- To domestic flights, to Puerto Rico, and to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- While checking in online or via the Fly Delta mobile app.
Exceptions. There can be no same-day flight adjustments to:
- Basic Economy prices
- Worldwide travel routes
- Origin/destination cities or airports within the same city JFK to LGA
The following two procedures can be used for same-day ticket changes:
|Same-Day Confirmed Changes||Same-Day Standby Changes|
|If a seat within the exact same travel service class as your initial ticket is available, you can switch to a secured seat on a different trip. The price for same-day confirmations starts at USD 75. Changes that are confirmed on the same day are free for Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion Members.||You have the option of choosing an earlier flight with the exact same service class as your original purchase if the currently verified alternative is not offered on an earlier departure. The gratis same-day backup option is available. Until you are given a spot on your desired flight, your initial flight will still be considered confirmed.|
Same-Day Standby Upgrades
Depending on seat availability, you can upgrade your seat using Delta’s same-day standby option for a charge. Only this choice is accessible:
- JFK-SFO and JFK-LAX are not included under North America.
- Thomas (U.S. Virgin Islands), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Providenciales (Turks and Caicos), Nassau (Bahamas), Montego Bay (Jamaica), Los Cabos (Mexico), Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands), Bermuda, and Aruba are among the destinations to/from which flights are available.
- Atlanta to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and Costa Rica.
- Connecting Minneapolis, Memphis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Detroit and Cancun (Mexico).
Changing Non-Refundable Flight Tickets on Delta Airlines
The flight change charge on a Delta Airlines non-refundable ticket can range from USD 0 to 500, based on your itinerary, if your itinerary is not covered by a travel waiver. You will also be responsible for paying the appropriate fare difference.
Flights purchased before April 30, 2021, or between May 1 and December 31, 2021, as long as they are reissued on or before December 31, 2021, do not qualify for the Basic Economy waiver and cannot be changed.
How to Change a Delta Airlines Flight?
Your Delta Airlines flight can be changed over the phone, online, or in person at a Delta sales counter. In addition, you can contact the Delta Airlines change flight contact information or the local Delta office or call centre if you want to alter your flight on Delta via phone.
How to Change a Delta Airlines Flight Online?
Online flight changes with Delta Airlines are quick and straightforward. The webpage can be used for:
- You can alter the day, time, or date of your flight.
- Your flight’s origin or destination can be changed.
For online Delta flight changes:
- Visit Delta Airlines.
- Choose My Travels.
- Choose/enter your first and last name, confirmation number, credit/debit card number, or ticket number.
- Choose “Find My Travel” from the menu.
- Choose the flight you want to modify.
- Select “Modify Flight”
- The Start Flight Change option
- Schedule another flight
How to Change a Delta Award Ticket?
As detailed below, Delta Airlines reward tickets can be modified online. However, your account may take a few hours to reflect the mileage reimbursement.
- Visit Delta.com or you can also contact Flights Assistance for the same.
- Choose My Trips or sign in.
- Choose the trip you want to modify.
- Choose “Modify Flight”
- the Start Flight Change button
- Choose a new flight (s)
- Finish the checkout.
- Pay the additional charge
- Get confirmation of your
Remember: Unless they qualify for Delta’s Basic Economy waiver, Basic Economy Award Tickets cannot be modified or returned after the 24-h window has passed. Call Delta Airlines if you want any assistance.
Flight Change Tips (applies to all tickets)
- Your ticket will only be worth it if you modify or cancel it before you leave.
- You will get an allowance for future usage in the event that your new plane ticket is less expensive.
- You must make up the difference if your new ticket is more expensive than your previous one.
- A Basic Economy reservation can only be changed if it qualifies for Delta’s Basic Economy Waiver. But, some foreign tickets from Europe, Africa, and other places can be altered for a cost. See your ticket’s fare terms for more information.
Delta Airlines Change Fee
If you are not covered by the Travel Waiver, you may be charged between $200 and $500 to rebook your trip in addition to the applicable fare change. You may use the modification fee waivers, nevertheless, as listed in the given table.
Time of Ticket Booking or Route
Delta Airlines Change Fee
|All tickets within the 24-hour risk-free period||No change fee|
|Tickets purchased till April 30, 2023,||No change fee|
|Tickets purchased after April 30, for travel||No change fee till December 31|
|Trips purchased after April 30, for travel||Basic Economy tickets will be non-changeable.|
|Trips originating in North America to anywhere in the world||No change fee—excluding Basic Economy tickets not covered under Delta’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.|
|Trips originating in the Caribbean to North America and Mexico||No change fee—excluding Basic Economy tickets not covered under Delta’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.|
|The trips originating outside of North America were purchased on/after May 1, 2021||No change fee for all travel classes except Basic Economy tickets with some exceptions.|
|Basic Economy tickets and tickets after travel waiver removal||After 24-h of purchase: USD 200–500.|
Within 24 hours of departure: Starting USD 75, subject to availability.
How to Avoid Delta Airlines Flight Change Charges?
To avoid paying Delta’s flight change costs, use the advice below:
- Use the DOT’s risk-free 24-h policy. Have always used the U.S. Bureau of Transportation’s 24-h regulation to reschedule any flight for free and rebook it as desired inside 24 hours of purchase.
- Consider a flexible ticket. Although it costs extra, there are no change fees if your plans change.
- Get the status of Delta Medallion Elite. If you are a member in good standing (Gold, Diamond, or Platinum), you will receive special charge waivers.
- Use changes in the timetable. You may alter your flight if it is delayed by at least two hours, cancelled, or rescheduled (cancelled your flight).
- If you need help with what to do, call Delta for assistance.
Q1 What is Delta flight change fee like?
According to your price class and destination, Delta Airlines change fees that, after a risk-free 24-h window, can range from USD 75 to USD 200 for domestic flights and USD 200 to USD 500 for international flights.
Q2 Has the Delta flight change fee been eliminated?
Only those domestic and foreign flights departing from the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands no longer have to pay the Delta change fee (starting from USD 75-200/ticket). However, the exemption does not pertain to Basic Economy fares not covered by Delta’s 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver. In addition, it contains flights run by Sky Team and codeshare partners.
Q3 What is Delta Airlines’ change fee waiver?
All flights bought on or before April 30—including Basic Economy tickets—can be altered until December 31 without paying a change fee, according to a Delta Airlines policy. Thus, if you purchased an airfare on April 30, you may either:
You can quickly rebook your flight without paying a change fee.
Use your e-Credit to start your journey by December 31 after cancelling your ticket and converting it into an e-Credit by that date..
How do I check the status of my e-Credit?
By accessing delta.com/redeem and providing the necessary information, such as your e-Credit number, you can verify the amount and validity date of your e-Credit.
Q4 Does Delta Airlines charge a change fee for changing the origin or destination?
You won’t be charged a flight modification fee if you alter your flight’s source or destination if one of the following applies:
Following 24hrs of buying your ticket, you can cancel it (penalty-free) and rebook.
You bought your ticket before or on April 30. (incl. Basic Economy).
You bought a ticket after April 30 with a 2021 departure date (incl. Basic Economy).
Except for tickets purchased under Delta’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver, your trip must start in the Caribbean and end in North America or Mexico.