Wizz Air offers a cancellation policy that allows you to reclaim your money for your flight. Depending on the type of ticket you have, you may or may not have to pay to cancel a Wizz Air flight. There are no additional fees associate with cancelling if you have a Plus Fare or Wizz Plus ticket. If you have a different kind of ticket, though, you will have to pay a cancellation charge, the exact amount of which will depend on when you want to cancel.
Major Highlights Of The Wizz Air Cancellation Policy
The fees associated with choosing to cancel a Wizz Air flight voluntarily vary according to when you do so. There is a cost of €65 per passenger per flight if you cancel more than 14 days in advance of travel. But suppose it happens less than 14 days before departure, in addition to your Wizz Discount Club perks and other services. In that case, you’ll have to pay a seat protection fee of €85 per passenger on each flight.
Remember that you have up to three hours before the scheduled departure time to cancel a Wizz Air flight. Make sure to cancel a one-way reservation at least three hours prior to the scheduled departure. If you have a two-way ticket with a return flight, you should cancel prior to the first flight’s departure.
In the event that Wizz Air cancels a confirmed seat, you will have the option of receiving a full refund for your ticket or travelling to your destination on the next available flight at no additional cost. You may receive a refund for your ticket in the event that there are more than five hours of delay. The reimbursement can come in the form of Wizz Credits for future travel or the total amount of your fare plus 20%. At no extra cost, you can also choose to board the next flight that leaves for your destination.
In the event that your Wizz Air flight’s schedule changes, you can ask for a refund of your ticket in the form of Wizz Credits for future travel, or you can receive a 100% refund back to the original payment method.
How to Cancel a Flight on Wizz Air Flight?
You have multiple choices to cancel your flight according to Wizz Air ticket cancellation policy:
- By phone: You can give Wizz Air a call to cancel your ticket.
- Online with “Manage My Booking”: Access your account, select “Manage My Booking” from the menu, and utilise it to cancel your flight.
- Via a Wizz Air ticket counter (city/airport): Go to the city or airport Wizz Air ticket counter if you would rather receive help in person.
- Through your travel agency: You can get in touch with your travel agent to cancel your Wizz Air flight if you purchased your ticket through one of them.
Wizz Air Cancellation Fee
The cost of cancelling your ticket may vary depending on the type of tariff you have and when you choose to do so—either more than 14 days prior to departure or within 14 days of it, according to Wizz Air’s cancellation policy.
|Wizz Air Cancellation Fee
|More than 14 days before departure
|€65 as cancellation fee Plus recovery of WIZZ Discount Club benefits
|Within 14 days of departure
|€85 as seat protection fee Plus recovery of WIZZ Discount Club benefits and Other Benefits
Wizz Air Cancelled Flight Policy
Suppose Wizz Air cancels a flight for which you have a confirmed reservation. In that case, you have the following choices under Wizz Air cancellation policy:
- Request a penalty-free, complete refund.
- Take the next available flight at no additional expense to reach your destination. Following your request to Wizz Air, you will get a refund for any remaining amount owed to you.
Furthermore, Wizz Air will supply the following:
- Set up two free phone calls, faxes, or emails for you.
- Pay back the communication expenses.
- Should you choose to board a different aircraft leaving the following day, Wizz Air will arrange complimentary hotel accommodations in addition to airport transfers. Suppose Wizz Air is unable to make these arrangements. In that case, you will get reimbursement for reasonable travel, hotel, and meal charges as long as you can produce legitimate receipts for the expenditures you incurred.
Wizz Air Refund Policy
- Not returnable Nature: Unless specifically stated otherwise, all fares, taxes, fees, charges, and supplementary services are, by default, non-refundable.
- Refundable Fares through Call Center: Some fares that are refundable to or from particular locations are only available via Call Center and not online.
- Refund Recipient: The reserver or the individual who made the reservation will receive a refund from Wizz Air. You must show the reservation code and any other necessary paperwork in order to get a refund.
- Processing Time: After you submit your request, most refunds are typically handle within 10 business days.
- Currency and Fees: You will generally be refunded in the original currency in which your ticket was purchased. In this case, the refund will be made in euros. A few costs are not refundable, including the Wizz Flex service price and the Wizz Discount Club membership/Privilege Pass fee.
- Third-Party Services: The return policies of the third parties will be applicable if you cancel their services, such as insurance or airport transfers.
- Nevertheless, the reimbursement cannot be credit back to the original bank account or credit card if you utilized the WIZZ Flex service. Instead, you will need to make a new reservation with the opportunity to select a later travel date, and you must do so within 90 days of the refund date.
- Travel Agent Bookings: You must speak directly with the travel agent in order to receive a refund for tickets you bought through them.
Wizz Air Cancelled Flight Compensation
As shown in the table below, the amount of compensation you receive from Wizz Air for a cancelled trip is dependent upon the length of your original flight and the delay of the alternate flight they provide you with.
|Wizz Air Compensation for Cancelled Flights
|The compensation will be reduced by 50%.
|Up to 1500 km
|If you’re offered an alternative flight and its arrival time does not exceed your original flight’s scheduled arrival time by 2 hours, your compensation will be reduced by 50%.
|1501 – 3500 km for intra-Community (EU-EEA) flights
|If offered an alternative flight and its arrival time does not exceed your original flight’s scheduled arrival time by 3 hours, your compensation will be reduced by 50%.
|More than 3500 km for non-intra-community (non-EU-EEA) flights
|offered an alternative flight and its arrival time does not exceed your original flight’s scheduled arrival time by 4 hours, your compensation will be reduced by 50%.
There are certain exceptions, though. You are not eligible for reimbursement if:
- At least two weeks prior to the scheduled departure time (STD) of your flight, you were notified of the cancellation.
- You were notified two weeks to seven days prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight. I also had the option of taking another flight that departed 2 hours before STD and arrived 4 hours after scheduled arrival time (STA).
Suppose your flight is also canceled due to an extraordinary event beyond your control, such as bad weather, air traffic control issues, safety concerns, civil unrest, natural disasters, terrorist alerts, or safety issues. In this case, Wizz Air will not refund your money. If you wish to claim compensation, you must follow certain guidelines:
- You can only request compensation if you are the one who book the ticket, have a Wizz account, and are list as a passenger in the booking.
- If you choose to pay in the form of a Wizz Air Credit, this will be considered a full and final settlement of your claim under EC Regulation No. 261 against Wizz Air for the flight specified in your booking.
- The total compensation amount plus 20% will be credited to your account. For instance, your Wizz account will be credit with EUR 480 if you are eligible for EUR 400. Your Wizz account will also receive any more credits in the future.
- To ensure a smooth process, you must complete all sections of the claim form.
Wizz Air Customer Service
You can pay local rates from the above countries to Wizz Air for assistance with airline reservations. Make sure you have the passenger information, such as your confirmation number, date, and route, available before calling these numbers.
- United Kingdom: 0330 977 0444
- Germany: 0800 1806 542
- Netherlands: 020 262 5762
- Hungary: +36 1 755 5240
- France: 04 26 83 73 04
- Spain: 900 670 781
- Norway: 21 40 56 63
- Italy: 0036 1677 7521
- Austria: 0720 775 467
For more details FlightsAssistance.com. Making a flight support request through Flights Assistance is a simple and easy process. Flights Assistance has streamlined the communication channels for your convenience, whether you have questions about your reservations, need to modify your trip, or need information about your travel itinerary. Reaching them is simple, thanks to their contact options and user-friendly website. You can quickly email info@FlightAssistance.com or use the user-friendly contact form on their website.
The committed group of experts is prepare to offer timely and trustworthy support, guaranteeing a hassle-free travel experience for you. You may depend on FlightAssistance.com as your go-to and trustworthy source for practical flight assistance and smooth communication.
- Swiss Air Cancellation Policy
- EVA Air Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation Policy of TAP Portugal
- Swoop Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy