Traveling with Allegiant Airlines can be a great experience, but sometimes things don’t go as planned. In the event that you need to cancel or change your flight, understanding their cancellation policy is key.
This blog post will provide an overview of Allegiant Airlines’ cancellation policy, including what you need to know before making any changes to your itinerary. We’ll also discuss how to make the most of their flexible booking options and provide tips for getting the best refund or credit value when cancelling your flight.
It’s certainly a hassle to cancelling a flight that you were planning forward to, — particularly if you might have to spend more. However, understanding Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy will assist you in saving time and money if you find yourself in a scenario where you need to cancel your reservation with Allegiant.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-504-6979
Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy For Covid
The following describes Allegiant Airlines’ coronavirus protocol with regard to the COVID-19 global epidemic:
1. Non-Trip Flex Ticket Flight Cancellation Policy:
Until the COVID-19 relaxations expire, Allegiant has lowered the cancellation charge for tickets bought without Trip Flex travel insurance to USD 25 per ticket per segment. You won’t get a cash refund if you cancel your ticket, but you will get an Allegiant Credit Voucher for future travel equivalent to the cost of your ticket.
To execute your cancellation, get in touch with the third party directly which is Flights Assistance if you purchased your ticket there.
2. Trip Flex Ticket Flight Cancellation Policies:
- Any air ticket that contains the Trip Flex travel insurance will not be subject to cancellation costs.
- Only flights can be canceled with Trip Flex. Call (+1-800-504-6979) to receive a refund if canceled within 24 hours. But, customers will receive an Allegiant Credit Voucher if they cancel online.
Following Allegiant Airlines cancellation guidelines:
- Credit Vouchers received after July 2021 are good for one year beginning with the scheduled deadline of booking. In contrast, those received between January 1 and December 31, 2020, are valid for a period of two years from the scheduled deadline of booking.
- Credit Vouchers cannot be transferred or refunded for any reason.
- Call Allegiant Customer Service Center at (702) 505-8888 for additional alternatives.
Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy—Tickets Purchased with Cash or Points
Below is Allegiant Airlines’ cancellation policy for flights booked with cash or points.
1.What are the 24-hour cancellation terms for Allegiant Air?
Suppose you bought your trip a minimum of 7 days before departure, assuming your flight is not a part of an itinerary that includes both air and ground transportation. In that case, you may withdraw any trip inside 24 hours and receive a full refund. The 24-hour cancellation policy of Allegiant is applicable to all ticket categories, including those that are non-refundable.
2. Flight Cancellation Rules for Basic Tickets on Allegiant Airlines
Within 24 hours of buying a conventional (non-Trip Flex) ticket, you may cancel it as follows:
- During the COVID-19 lockdown, only a reduced cancellation fee of $25 per person per segment will be charged. If you cancel your ticket, you will receive the outstanding balance from your non-refundable Allegiant Travel Credit, less any applicable cancellation charges.
- Trip Flex cancellation policy for Allegiant Airlines
According to Allegiant Airlines’ Trip Flex ticket add-on cancellation policy, you are free to cancel any reservation within 24 hours after purchasing it. With Trip Flex, you can alter the time and location of your flight once, no more than one-hour prior to takeoff, without incurring any cancellation fees beyond 24 hours. In addition, you will receive a non-refundable voucher for future trips on Allegiant once you terminate your flight.
Keep in mind that you can only add Trip Flex at the moment you make your reservation (it normally costs USD 29–43). Moreover, the payment made for Trip Flex is not returnable.
Allegiant’s weather cancellation policy provides the following options in the event that your flight is rescheduled or canceled due to inclement weather:
- Make the journey on the new flight.
- With Allegiant, you can schedule a flight for an alternate day without paying a cost.
- Reimburse your ticket cancellation by doing so.
The Manage Travel link on AllegiantAir.com will often allow you to view all of your options online.
4. Allegiant Cancellation Policy for Flights
All tickets cancelled by Allegiant are subject to the airline’s cancellation policy. In accordance with this policy, you have two choices if your flight is cancelled for any reason:
- Modify your departure and arrival schedules without incurring a fee or paying a higher fare for the same destinations.
- For a refund, cancel your flight or flights (online via Manage Travel).
If no action is taken within 72 hours, the trip will be canceled immediately. Receive an Allegiant voucher for the full cost of your flight for future travel, or get a refund through Customer Service.
How to Cancel a Flight on Allegiant Air
You can either terminate the Allegiant Airlines flight online or by calling (+1-800-504-6979).
Online reservation cancellation for Allegiant Airlines:
- Visit AllegiantAir.com to access the airline’s official website.
- Decide to use the Manage Travel tab.
- Choose one of the following:
- via confirmation #
- via email
- via debit or credit card
- Fill out the details for the option you select.
- Choose a flight.
- Choose “Cancel Booking” from the menu.
- Make the cancellation official.
Allegiant Flight Cancellation Fee
For all standard types of reservations, Allegiant Air charges a cancellation fee of USD 75 per person per flight section. The cancellation fees, however, are USD 25 per person per flight section if your travel qualifies for the COVID-19 fee exemptions.
How to Use Allegiant Flight Vouchers
You must make a new reservation as detailed below when you wish to use an Allegiant Flight Voucher or Credit Voucher.
- Check out AllegiantAir.com
- Type or pick the city names and travel information.
- Choose the Search icon.
- Choose your flight and fares.
- When the Payment screen appears:
- Toggle the dropdown by clicking.
- Type in your voucher number.
- Complete your newest reservation.
- You can not exchange cash for vouchers.
- As long as you do it before your voucher expires, you may apply any unused portion towards a different flight.
- Credit Vouchers are valid as long as:
- Credit Coupons produced between January 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021, are valid for two years starting on the date of the initial reservation.
- Credit Coupons issued on or after July 2021 are good for one year from the date of the initial reservation.
- Only the person who issued the voucher can use it. vouchers can be used to pay for Allegiant flights and all related baggage charges.
Allegiant Air Refund Policy
Refunds of all kinds. Unused ancillary services, for example due to overbooking or flight cancellation, are subject to Allegiant Airlines’ refund policy.About this policy:
Here are some general guidelines:
- Non-refundable tickets: Most Allegiant Air tickets are non-refundable. If you cancel your reservation, you will not receive a refund, but you may be able to receive a credit voucher for future travel.
- Refundable tickets: If you purchased a refundable ticket, you may be eligible for a full refund if you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of purchase. If you cancel after 24 hours, you will be charged a fee.
- Schedule changes: If Allegiant Air makes a significant schedule change (more than two hours) that doesn’t suit your travel plans, you may be eligible for a refund.
- Medical emergencies: If you have a medical emergency and cannot travel, you may be able to receive a refund or credit voucher.
- Death of a passenger: If a passenger on your reservation passes away, you may be able to receive a refund or credit voucher.
Allegiant Travel Company
ATTN: Customer Relations Department
PO Box 371730
Las Vegas, NV 89137
If you cancel a flight between 24 hours of booking it and, at minimum, seven days before departure, there are no fees to pay, and you’ll receive a full refund.
You will get a full refund if you terminate your Allegiant flight between 24 hours of booking it and at least seven days before takeoff.
If you withdraw 24 hours after making a reservation and the COVID-19 relaxations are still in effect, you will be fined USD 25 per traveller per section. However, you will receive a travel credit less the relevant cancellation cost.
If you purchased the Trip Flex add-on, you are free to change or postpone your reservation without incurring any cancellation fees.
Allegiant didn’t immediately give you a refund until you terminated your trip between 24 hours of registration and, at minimum, seven days prior to departure. However, if you have the Trip Flex add-on, you will be given a Credit Certificate for the entire cost of your ticket to use on a subsequent flight.
Allegiant flight coupons and credit vouchers are good for two years. First from the initial date of purchase, if they are provided between January 1 and June 30, 2021. If they are delivered on or after July 1, 2021, they are valid for one calendar year.
As the airline is an ultra-low-cost carrier, Allegiant does not grant reimbursements for grief counselling travel. If you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of flight booking, you will be eligible for full refund.