In this article we will talk about the 15 best things to do in Amarillo Texas. There is a saying, “In Texas, everything is bigger.” It’s been said a lot, and that’s simply because it’s so real! Vast amounts of highlands, deserts, streams, pastures, and dunes may be found in the most significant state in the continental United States, in addition to two fantastic nature reserves and excellent recreation areas.
The warm city of Amarillo Texas, which is located in West Texas high plains, is home to several surprisingly well-liked attractions that are well worth your time. If you’re looking for the best things which you can do in Amarillo Texas, you may begin by exploring the Quarter Horse Museum to understand the history and the local culture. At Cadillac Ranch on the outskirts of town, you can even test your skills at graffiti.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-504-6979
What to do in Amarillo, Texas?
Are you planning your next trip abroad and needing help determining where to travel or where to look for amenities, mesmerizing architecture and how to move there or maybe what to do there? We are available to assist you with all of your issues. You can visit any of the locations listed below, depending on when your trip is. So let me begin by outlining the main attractions of the city.
1. American Quarter Horse Museum and Hall of Fame
The American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum is one of the top attractions in Amarillo, Texas. It offers you hands-on exhibits, real-time performances, and theatrical portrayals of the colonial legacy. You can visit the location without a moment’s hesitation if you’re fascinated by themed fine art items or learning more about the background of the individuals who helped with the development of these horses.
Things to do at Quarter Horse Hall of Fame-
- Explore the collection of western artwork to discover more about the colourful past.
- You can visit the gift shop located inside the museum and Hall of Fame.
- A large affirmative should always be given to the museum’s western exhibition.
- You can see the feats accomplished by the horse breed that is most in demand worldwide.
2. Amarillo Museum of Art
Do you still need help with what to do in Amarillo, Texas? The second option in Amarillo is the Amarillo Museum of Art because it has so much to provide. This location is commonly referred to as the Amarillo Art Center and is situated on Van Buren Street in Amarillo, Texas.
Activities at the Amarillo Museum of Art –
- Here you may view a vast selection of indoor art at the Amarillo Museum of Art.
- On some days, there might also be bands playing and cocktails.
- Almost 300 fascinating artefacts have been gathered at the Asian art price gallery.
- On the museum grounds, there is also a collection of outdoor sculptures to view.
3. Amarillo Botanical Gardens
When you will trip to Amarillo, a trip to this gorgeous paradise should be on your list of Top things to do in Amarillo Texas because it is full of charm, colour, and calm that will tempt you to remain for an extended period of time. It’s considered to be one of the best spots to take a break from the neighbourhood’s congestion and wander through the garden’s lovely natural setting.
Things to do in Amarillo Botanical Gardens–
- You can visit the relaxing location with the lovely tropical greenhouse for an hour.
- Several specialised plantings, such as Japanese, Xeric, etc., can be found throughout the four-acre layout.
- The bright blooms of this garden will captivate you if you enjoy photography.
- You will be able to better and more fully embrace the natural surrounding in the garden.
4. Cadillac Ranch
Amarillo, Texas, has some fantastic things to do, one of which is to visit the Cadillac Ranch. It’s an expansive ranchland that purportedly confuses the locals with its contemporary art. The partially underground cars were buried in the way they were initially. When the guests began painting them, they were unable to maintain their original appearance. Ten buried automobiles organised in a single file are your location if you want to view something peculiar but intriguing.
Things To do at Cadillac Ranch-
- Look at the ten automobiles buried in a row; you are also welcome to colour them.
- A mile or so east of the automobiles is a gift shop where you can find a variety of items.
- You can enjoy yourself by posing for photographs as the unfortunate victim of a ridiculous hippie-related incident.
5. Amarillo Zoo
Activities in Amarillo, Texas, Zoo visits are always the best way to learn about wildlife. Together with exotic birds as well as other mammals, the renowned Amarillo Zoo is famed for its right-tailed lemurs, African lions, and other animals. The experience of witnessing over 120 animals from 70 species from around the world must therefore be worthwhile.
Things to do at Amarillo Zoo-
- You can get a chance to observe exotic animals, birds, and lions of African types in the zoo.
- Together with the space museum, check out the local theatres and galleries.
- Visit the zoo to see the reptiles, spiders, amphibians, and other species.
- There are several native Texas species on display, including bison, longhorns, and grey foxes. But, occasionally, it’s not visible in the vicinity.
6. Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum
Where to go in Amarillo, Texas? The museum features American Western Culture and cultural monuments and is one of Texas’s most prominent history museums. With more than 70,000 visitors each year, the Panhandle-Plains History Museum may be the best spot for you to explore if you have a fascination with decorative art, antiques, or relics from the agricultural past.
Things to do at Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum-
- “People of the Plains: Experiments in Living” is part of the museum’s large display and highlights the variations and parallels among the township founders.
- One of the best things to do in Amarillo Texas is you can see the status of cattle baron Charles Goodnight as well as the period car from the 1920s.
- Aside from the Turn-Off-the-Century bicycle, don’t overlook checking out the Chuckwagon display.
7. Texas Air & Space Museum
Are you looking for best things to do in Amarillo Texas? The Texas Air & Space Museum is among the most significant sites to check if you want to learn more about the exciting events to do in Amarillo, Texas. In addition, you may view the heritage of space flight and plane travel at the Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport. Amazingly renowned contemporary aircraft and other aviation-related memorabilia may be found within the museum.
Things to do at Air & Space Museum-
- You can learn more about the training planes and climb them.
- You can find out more about Rick Husband, the man the airport is named for.
- See the iconic aeroplanes, aviators, and airport-related antiques.
- Best things to do in Amarillo Texas is to experience adventure in the museum’s outdoor park, which is decorated with unusual aircraft.
8. Harrington House
One of the fascinating best things to do in Amarillo Texas is to tour the Harrington house, which is built in renaissance architecture. History buffs can tour the mansion and see the original décor, including the stunning tapestries in the function room, handcrafted balusters, giltwood mirrors, and the hardwood flooring from the 18th century.
Things to do at Harrington House-
- You can discover a collection of art of Harrington, which is displayed prominently.
- For history enthusiasts, the Harrington mansion in architectural styles is a must-see.
- The Harrington house’s historic furnishings have been frozen up until now.
- If you want to see the famous furniture items, such as the George III style giltwood mirrors and the 1820 regency-style cabinet and urns, this is the location of your dream.
8. Amarillo Symphony
If you’re contemplating what to do in Amarillo, Texas, keep in mind that everyone enjoys music because it’s both relaxing and entertaining. Then, of course, you can visit the Amarillo Symphony after that. Amarillo Symphony presents many regular programs and is among the highly acceptable options. Individuals of all ages can enjoy the regional orchestra, which was created in 1924.
Things to do at Amarillo Symphony-
- You can get the chance to attend a concert by the neighbourhood orchestra.
- Go to the Globe-news centre for performance arts to unwind your senses.
- You can listen to the music created by artists and musicians from all cultures.
9. The Big Texan Steak Ranch & Brewery
After seeing all the sights, perhaps you’d like to get something to eat? After all, we all travel to try out the most authentic cuisine of the native origin. The Big Texan Steak Ranch & Brewery is a great spot to get a bite to eat and test your stomach because it is well known for its steak challenges, in which you must finish a 72 oz. Steak, complete with an appetiser, potato and salad, in one hour.
Things to do at The Big Texan Steak Ranch & Brewery-
- You can participate in the steak competition to be eligible to win.
- If you want to delight your taste buds, try a variety of appetising foods.
- It would help to start your dinner with fried pickles and mountain mussels.
- You can fill yourself with fried chicken, Texas strips, baby back ribs, and other delicious foods.
10. Don Harrington Discovery Center
Among the best things to do in Amarillo Texas, is to visit the Don Harrington Discovery Center, which has a tonne of scientific exhibitions that are unquestionably ideal for your kids. Thus, if you’re travelling with young children, consider scheduling a visit to the Don Harrington Discovery Center, where your children can engage in interactive activities.
Things to do at Don Harrington Discovery Center-
- You can visit the space exhibition to learn more about the planet’s and space’s environment.
- It would help if you let your children play in the Little Builders and KinderStudio construction zones.
- It’s worthy of note the animal-themed fun and the Space theatre on Critter Row.
11. Route 66 Historic District
What is there to do in Amarillo, Texas? First, you can explore the Route 66 Historic District, a 13-block business centre that satisfies your needs for viewing, dining, and numerous other activities. The majority of the structures along the Route 66 Historic District are examples of 20th-century architecture.
Things to do at Route 66-
- You can discover historical buildings such as the Natatorium, Taylor’s Texaco station, lovely boutiques, and restaurants.
- You can grab your fair share of groceries at the neighbourhood market and experience the beauties of the area.
- You can explore the constructed buildings from the 20th century.
12. Cowgirls and Cowboys in the West
The Cowgirls and Cowboys in the West is the following place on our list of fascinating things to do while in Amarillo, Texas. It must take care of your travels, compensate you for trips and provide you with important information. What further information do we seek? Consider going on a horseback ride; even if you have no experience, you will be made to feel comfortable.
Things to do at Cowgirls and Cowboys in the West-
- You can do some informative, hiking, or photographic excursions, among other excursions.
- No matter how experienced you are, you can attempt horseback riding.
- For a more exciting voyage, remember to visit your destinations of interest.
13. Palo Duro Canyon State Park
There are currently a few activities left among the million activities to enjoy in Amarillo, Texas. About thirty minutes south of Amarillo is Palo Duro Canyon State Park, which allows you to explore the geography and the region’s history while taking in the expansive views. The nature reserve is worthwhile for arranging a vacation, too, because it contains one of the second-largest canyons in the country.
Things to do at Palo Duro Canyon State Park-
- You can take part in neighbourhood activities including horseback riding, camping, and You can take part in neighbourhood activities including horseback riding, camping, and hiking.
- You can explore one of the several hiking routes at Canyon State Park, such as the Lighthouse hike.
- You can get a striking look at the rare birds and local wildlife in the area.
14. Wildcat Bluff Nature Center
The 600 acres of property at the Wildcat Bluff Nature Center, among the popular attractions in Amarillo, Texas, enable you to take in the beautiful environment. Visitors can get a fascinating look at the nature centre’s plants and animals by entering the main structure. It’s important to remember that this region previously played a significant role in the Gregg-Marc Wagon Route, which connected Santa Fe with Fort Smith.
Things to do at Wildcat Bluff Nature Center-
- You can explore the meadows with the assistance of a tourist guide.
- Here you can find a handful of the wagon trail’s past remnants.
- You can also experience the environment’s vegetation and fauna by exploring it.
- You can get historical data from the facility’s main structure.
15. Things to do in Amarillo Texas, For Free
The fact that there are accessible locations to explore in Amarillo, Texas, can become a lifesaver for you when you’re a travel enthusiast who wants to travel another while spending less. For family outings or romantic dates, these selections can be excellent choices.
The American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame & Museum, Amarillo Zoo, Amarillo Botanical Gardens, and various other spots may provide you with the best possible experience, even on a relatively inexpensive spending plan. It will help you manage money not to interfere with your vacation plans, and you’ll be able to enjoy what you’ve got the most.
Well, don’t worry if you’re searching for free activities to do in Amarillo, Texas.
I hope this in-depth article helped you make solid travel arrangements. We are confident that the places described in Amarillo, Texas, are worth visiting to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, from seeing wildlife to getting a close-up look inside historical buildings.
Read Our Latest Blog : 20 Exciting Things To Do In Lafayette, Indiana, for a Memorable Vacation
If you are looking for a location for your next trip, we would say yes to this incredible destination because it is ideal for seeing nature, eating authentic food at fine dining with themed establishments, and so much more. In addition, this location is a good stop because of the historical establishments, side-of-the-road lures, and canyons.
This location offers its tourists a lot because it is home to various works of art and artefacts, as well as a variety of museums, theatres, and restaurants. This place also welcomes families to explore the neighboring activities in Amarillo, Texas, in addition to adults only.
Amarillo Chill has been incredibly well-known over the years; considering your inclination, one could have it hot or dry. Also, if you’re interested in purchasing aji Amarillo paste, you may do so online and at marketplaces all over the country.