Spirit Airlines is known for its ultra-low fares, but like many other airlines, they charge additional fees for baggage. If you’re planning to fly with Spirit, it’s important to understand their baggage fees before you pack your bags.
In this blog post, we’ll break down Spirit Airlines’ baggage policies, including their fees for carry-on and checked bags, overweight and oversized bags, and sports equipment. We’ll also provide tips on how to save money on baggage fees and what to do if your baggage is lost or damaged.
Call Customer Support: +1-800-504-6979
How Much are Spirit Airlines Baggage Fees?
Sure, here are the Booking Spirit Airlines baggage fees points:
- Spirit Airlines charges for carry-on and checked bags. Passengers are allowed to bring one personal item for free, such as a purse, backpack, or laptop bag, but any additional baggage will incur a fee.
- The fee for a carry-on bag varies depending on when and how you pay. If you pay for your carry-on bag during online booking, the fee is typically between $35 and $65. If you wait until you get to the airport to pay, the fee can be as high as $65.
- Checked baggage fees also vary depending on when and how you pay. If you pay for your checked bag during online booking, the fee is typically between $30 and $55 for the first bag, and $40 to $60 for the second bag. If you wait until you get to the airport to pay, the fee can be as high as $70 for the first bag and $80 for the second bag.
- It’s important to note that these fees are subject to change and may vary based on factors such as your destination, time of travel, and whether you’re a member of Spirit’s $9 Fare Club.
- If you’re looking to save on baggage fees, it’s recommended to pack light and try to fit everything into a personal item. Additionally, joining Spirit’s $9 Fare Club can give you access to discounted baggage fees and other perks.
Checked-Baggage Extended limits
Spirit Airlines allows passengers to purchase additional checked baggage beyond their standard allowance, subject to certain limitations. The limits for purchasing additional checked baggage on Spirit Airlines are as follows:
- Passengers can purchase up to 5 additional bags per person.
- The weight limit for each bag is 50 pounds (22.7 kg).
- The size limit for each bag is 62 linear inches (157 cm) (length + width + height).
- The cost for additional checked baggage varies depending on the route and time of purchase.
- Passengers can purchase additional baggage at the time of booking, during online check-in, or at the airport.
- The cost for each additional bag typically increases with each bag purchased.
- Spirit Airlines also offers a “Bundle and Save” option that includes additional checked baggage, as well as other perks such as priority boarding and seat selection.
Does Spirit Airline Waive Baggage Fees for Military?
Yes, Spirit Airlines does offer baggage fee waivers for active duty military personnel. Under Spirit’s military baggage policy, active duty military personnel when traveling on Spirit Airlines.
When booking a ticket online, so military personnel will need to present their military ID at the airport check-in counter to receive the waiver. Additionally, the waiver is only available for active duty military personnel, and not for military veterans or retirees.
Call Customer Support For More Infor: +1-800-504-6979