Southwest Airlines controls its arrivals and departures at LaGuardia Airport’s Terminal B. The largest of the three passenger terminals is Terminal B, which is located at the airport’s central hub. Southwest offers scheduled departures from this terminal to a wide range of domestic and international destinations. Knowledge of your Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal is crucial, especially since Terminal B is a busy hub for multiple significant airlines.
You can anticipate a smooth and enjoyable experience when you walk into the terminal. Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport is an essential point of entry and departure for travellers coming into or going out of New York City, thanks to continuous efforts to improve services and amenities. Let’s examine some more in-depth information regarding the terminal.
Comprehensive Guide to Southwest Airlines LaGuardia Terminal – 2023
When flying with Southwest Airlines, passengers can expect to arrive at or depart from LaGuardia Airport’s Terminal B, where they can take advantage of several services, quick security checks, and a smooth check-in process. With a range of facilities available, including eateries, shops, and services focused on the needs of passengers, Terminal B is sure to satisfy the demands of all visitors.
- Airport Name: LaGuardia International Airport
- Airport Code: LGA
- IATA Code: WN
- ICAO Code: SWA
- Southwest LaGuardia Address: Queens, NY 11371, United States
- LGA Southwest Terminal: Terminal B
- Airport Contact No.: +1 718-533-3400
- City: New York
- Country: United States
- Working Hours: 24 hours
- Email Address: SouthwestAirlines@iluv.southwest.com
- Official Webpage: southwest.com
- com: www.instagram.com/southwestair
- com: www.pinterest.com/southwestair
- com: www.youtube.com/user/NutsAboutSouthwest
- com: twitter.com/SouthwestAir
- com: www.facebook.com/SouthwestAir
Basic Facilities at the Southwest LaGuardia terminal
There are three levels in the Southwest Airlines terminal at LaGuardia Airport, each of which serves the different needs of travellers while in the airport or on their journey. They are these levels:
- Arrivals Level: Here, passengers can find services such as baggage claim, ground transportation, and a centrally located food court.
- Departures Level: This level features multiple check-in counters, security checkpoints, hotels, VIP lounges, and concourses organised into distinct sections:
- Concourse A: This newly developed concourse offers 19 gates numbered 42 to 59.
- Concourse B: It accommodates gates from B1 to B8.
- Concourse C: Gates from C1 to C14 are located in this concourse.
- Concourse D: Gates from D2 to D10 are situated in this concourse.
- Upper Level: Specifically designed for passengers, this level provides access to the VIP lounge, first aid services, and dental facilities.
Food and Dining Options at Southwest Airlines terminal LGA
At LaGuardia Airport, Southwest Airlines terminal B provides travellers with a range of essential services, making it simple to get what they need. Here is a summary of the same:
- Internet Access
- Luggage Storage
- Wheelchair Service
- Charging Areas
- Customer Care
- Stretcher Service
- Currency Exchange
- Minute Suites
- Lost and Found
- Shoeshine Service
- Metro Card Machine
- Smoking Areas
Lounges at Southwest Airlines LGA Terminal B
You can quickly grab a quick bite before or after your trip by using the terminal’s restaurants at LaGuardia Airport, whether arriving or leaving on a Southwest Airlines flight. Here are a few of the food and dining options that are offered:
- La Chula
- IL Viaggio
- Dos Toros
- Rossi Pizza
- Green Leaf’s
- Shake Shack
- Hot and Cold
- Admirals Club
- Tony + Benny’s
- Healthy Gourmet
- Brewery Heights
- Villa Italian Kitchen
- FIX Coffee & Bakery
- Minute Suites Express
- Irving Farm Coffee Roasters
- Beecher’s Handmade Cheese – Laguardia Airport
Destinations Covered by Southwest To/From LaGuardia Terminal B
Airport lounges are private areas inside airports where travellers can relax and enjoy a cosier ambience before departing from the assigned terminal. Numerous amenities are available at these lounges, such as comfortable seating, free food and drinks, Wi-Fi, charging stations, and occasional showers.
Every airline and airport alliance has a different lounge with different services and entry requirements. Passengers travelling in premium classes can access specific lounges, while membership program enrollment may be necessary for other lounges. Lounges have several benefits; one is their quieter environment, which makes them perfect for working, relaxing, or rehydrating during long waits or layovers. As a result, the following are the lounges at Terminal B LaGuardia:
- The Centurion Lounge
- United Airlines United Club
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge
- American Airlines Admirals Club
Southwest Airlines terminal LGA Check-in Process
Southwest Airlines operates flights to and from various destinations within Terminal B at LaGuardia Airport, providing passengers access to multiple locations. Tickets to these destinations can be booked through Southwest’s online platform or at the ticket counters conveniently located within the terminal. The destinations include:
- New Orleans
- Los Angeles
- Fort Lauderdale
Southwest Airlines terminal LGA Check-in Process
It is highly recommended that travellers arrive at the airport well in advance of the departure of their flight to allow time for pre-flight activities such as security checks and check-ins. The check-in procedure on Southwest Airlines entails multiple steps to guarantee a smooth and effective beginning to your travels. Here’s a list of things you should do:
- Online Check-in: Usually, online check-in begins 24 hours prior to the planned departure. Passengers can use the airline’s official website or mobile app to enter reservation details, choose or modify a seat, and get the boarding pass.
- Baggage Check: Go to the Southwest Airlines baggage drop-off counter if your bags have been checked. Ensure your bags have the appropriate identification tags and meet the airline’s weight and size requirements.
- Security Check: Passengers must have their travel documents (such as boarding passes and government IDs) on hand to navigate security checkpoints. Before going through the security scanner, taking anything out of your pocket is also advised.
- Proceed to the Gate: Once you’ve passed security, follow the directions to your departure gate. For any updates or changes regarding gates, double-check the departure information on your boarding pass or flight display screens.
Ground Transportation to/from Southwest Terminal LGA
LaGuardia Airport offers passengers a complimentary shuttle service between each terminal, providing convenient access to various locations within the airport. The shuttle runs every eight to fifteen minutes, operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Additionally, the bus facilitates connections to the airport’s parking garages, simplifying access to passengers’ vehicles.
Parking Options at Southwest Terminal LGA
LaGuardia Airport (LGA) presents diverse parking choices at Terminal B, tailored to varying passenger needs. The following are some typical parking options available at Terminal B:
- Short-Term Parking: Short-term parking is the best option for individuals dropping off or picking up passengers near the terminal. Although it provides easy access to the airport, more extended parking periods may cost more.
- Long-Term Parking: Designed for visitors who wish to leave their cars for longer, long-term parking offers a more affordable option. Despite being a little further away from the terminal, these lots are easily accessible by shuttle, making travel to and from the airport quick and easy.
- Daily Parking: Daily parking provides an extended stay option at a fair price, balancing short-term and long-term options. Frequently located at a reasonable distance from the terminal, it offers a practical compromise.
- Economy Parking: Some airports have economy parking lots with the lowest prices for extended stays. These lots are usually farther away from the terminal, so getting around may need using shuttle services.
- Valet Parking: Valet parking may be available at Terminal B for travellers looking for an upscale and practical parking experience. Valet attendants will take care of parking and retrieval for guests who drop off their cars at a specified location.
Related Articles: Southwest Airlines STL Terminal