Fly with Spirit Airlines can be a great way to save money on air travel, but the airline’s strict baggage policies can end up costing you more than you bargained for. If you’re looking to avoid paying baggage fees on Spirit Airlines, there are a few strategies you can use.
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about Spirit Airlines’ baggage policies, and how to make sure you don’t end up paying any unnecessary fees. So, if you’re ready to learn how to avoid paying baggage fees on Spirit Airlines, let’s get started!
Call Customer Support; +1-866-217-1292
Guide on How to Avoid Baggage Fees on Spirit Airlines
Avoiding baggage fees on Spirit Airlines is possible with a few simple steps. Firstly, try to pack light and only bring what you need for your trip. Opt for a carry-on bag if you can, as this is free on Spirit Airlines. If you need to check a bag, be sure to purchase the bag in advance online. This will save you money, as Spirit Airlines charges more for bags purchased at the airport.
Additionally, if you are a Spirit Airlines loyalty member, you will receive a free checked bag with each flight. Finally, if you need to bring a lot of luggage, consider purchasing a Spirit Airlines bundle, which includes a checked bag and other perks.
Waive off the Entire Baggage fees
- Purchase the right ticket: Spirit Airlines offers a variety of ticket options, including Basic Economy and Standard Economy fares. Basic Economy fares do not include a carry-on or checked baggage, while Standard Economy fares typically include a personal item and carry-on baggage. Consider your baggage needs before purchasing a ticket and choose the one that suits your needs best.
- Join the Spirit Saver$ Club: The Spirit Saver$ Club is a subscription service that offers discounted fares, priority boarding, and reduced baggage fees. For frequent Spirit Airlines flyers, this may be a worthwhile investment.
- Pack light: Spirit Airlines charges for carry-on and checked baggage based on weight and size. To avoid fees, pack light and keep your baggage within the size and weight limits.
- Use a credit card with baggage fee credits: Some credit cards offer statement credits for airline fees, including baggage fees. Check if your credit card offers this benefit and use it to offset the cost of baggage fees.
- Consider shipping your baggage: Depending on the size and weight of your luggage, it may be more cost-effective to ship it to your destination rather than checking it on the airline. Compare the cost of shipping to the cost of checked baggage fees to see if this is a viable option.
Fly Affordable With Spirit Airlines
Here are some key points about Spirit Airlines points:
- Earning points: You can earn Free Spirit points by flying with Spirit Airlines or by using the Free Spirit credit card. You can also earn points by shopping with Free Spirit partners or by booking hotels, rental cars, or vacation packages through Spirit Airlines.
- Redeeming points: Free Spirit points can be redeemed for flights, seat upgrades, baggage allowances, and other benefits. The number of points required for a reward depends on the destination, the time of year, and the availability of seats.
- Elite status: Free Spirit offers elite status to its most frequent flyers. Elite members enjoy perks such as free checked bags, priority boarding, and complimentary seat upgrades.
- Expiration: Free Spirit points expire if there is no earning or redemption activity in your account for 12 consecutive months.
- Spirit Saver$ Club: Spirit Airlines offers a subscription-based program called Spirit Saver$ Club, which provides exclusive discounts and other perks for members.
Call Customer Support For More Infor: +1-866-217-1292