The Sun Country flight change policy states that although airfares (including optional extras like seat preference and luggage) are non-refundable, they may be modified or cancelled prior to departure, less any relevant change fees. Nevertheless, modifications submitted Sixty or even more days prior to departure are at no cost.
- There are changing fees for each passenger and each segment.
- You’ll have to pay the difference if your new flight is more expensive.
- If the new fare is less expensive, you will be given a flight voucher that must be used for travel within a year of the original purchase date.
Call Customer Support; +1-866-217-1292
Sun Country Flight Change Policy Due to Illness
Sun Country may prolong the duration of your reservation for up to thirty additional days if you or a member of your immediate family is unable to travel or continue your journey due to illness or physical infirmity.
If you are flying with Sun Country Airlines and wish to utilise this service:
- The condition must be officially recorded on paper by a doctor.
- The document must state that your illness or infirmity prevents you from finishing your trip before the initial time limit expires.
- At Sun Country, you must deliver the certificate together with your reservation and the relevant receipts.
- The documentation must be signed by a Sun Country representative stating that you have been granted the travel extension.
Sun Country Change Flight Process
Sun Country Airlines provides several ways to change your flight plans; Read Sun Country flight change policy
- Only if you made a direct reservation via Sun Country can you use the online call Centre, ticket office or Flight Assistance to make changes to a flight-only reservation over the phone or via My Trips. Adjustments might be made in terms of the departure date or cancellation. You can call and make any additional changes.
- Via My Trips, it is possible to adjust the dates of any purchased tickets.
- A flight and hotel reservation can be changed (or cancelled) over the phone.
- If you made your reservation directly via SunCountry.com, you could modify (or cancel) it online through My Trips. Just the travel dates are subject to alteration; any other modifications must be contacted by phone.
- As long as you book directly through Sun Country’s preferred partners (Avis and Budget), you are able to modify or cancel a car-only reservation over the phone or online via the Avis/Budget website. Enter your last name and the confirmation number you received when you booked your ticket to make changes online.
How to Change Your Sun Country Flight Online
If you are wondering how to change your Sun Country Airline Flight Ticket Online, you can follow these mentioned steps:
- Start by visiting SunCountry.com
- Choose the “My Trips” option.
- Fill in your name and the six-character reservation code.
- Select “Manage My Trip”
- Select the flight on which you wish to make changes.
- By adhering to the on-screen directions, cancel it.
Sun Country Change Fee Waiver
As per Sun Country flight change policy, you can change your flight reservation once without paying a change fee if you purchase a change full refund at the moment you make the reservation and do so up to an hour before the departure of your first flight.
You will be required to pay the fare difference if your new flight ticket is more expensive, plus any optional services, government taxes, and fees. The usual flight change cost will apply to any further modifications.
The Waiver of Alteration Fees:
- It only applies to flight reservations Online.
- Just one flight booking may be changed without paying a change charge.
- Only if you make your reservation effectively via SunCountry.com, the portal for Sun Country travel agents, or by calling Sun Country customer support can you be decided to add to your reservation at the moment you make your reservation.
- All travellers listed on the reservation must make the purchase.
- It provides you with a Sun Country flight change policy schedule, duration, location, or point of origin—at least one hour prior to the first flight’s takeoff.
- Sun Country Change Fee Waiver is offered on a few flights.
- You will receive a non-refundable, non-transferable ticket credit for future travel if your new flight is less expensive.
- It may be utilised from 59 days up until one hour prior to travel because adjustments and cancellations are free 60 days or more in advance.
Sun Country Flight Change Fee
According to the table below, the Sun Country flight change policy cost per direction will vary depending on how soon you make the modifications.
- Changes to a flight that are requested at least two months prior to departure are free.
- There is a USD 36 per segment change fee for flights that are changed 59 to 14 days prior to departure.
- There is a USD 79 change fee per segment for flights that are changed 13–0 days prior to departure.
Go to the table below for more information on topics related to flight, hotel, and car packages.
|Sun Country Airlines Flight Change Charges|
|60+ days before departure||59 – 14 days before departure||13 – 0 days before departure|
|Nil||USD 39 per segment||USD 79 per segment|
|60+ days before departure||59 – 14 days before departure||13 – 0 days before departure||Nil|
|Flight + Hotel Vacation||Applicable hotel fees||USD 39 per segment plus applicable hotel fees||USD 79 per segment plus full hotel fees|
|Flight + Car||60+ days before departure||59 – 14 days before departure||13 – 0 days before departure|
|Nil||USD 39 per segment||USD 79 per segment||Nil|
How to Redeem a Sun Country Flight Credit
You will receive an email from Sun Country advising you of the entire amount of the flight credit if you receive one after cancelling or modifying a flight. On SunCountry.com, flight credits that can be used to purchase a new flight have an expiration period of one year from the original date of booking. Therefore, after January 20, 2021, flight vouchers will take their place in place of flight credits.
If you are wondering how to use/redeem your Sun Country Flight Credits, you can follow these steps in order to use a flight credit:
- Check out SunCountry.com
- Plan a new journey.
- You must provide your representative aircraft credit code that corresponds to the Reservation Code for your initial flight. You would have gotten it after changing or cancelling your flight or itinerary, and it is displayed on the first page of the initial booking confirmation email.
- Choose to Use a Sun Country flight credit or voucher on the Review and Pay page.
- Enter the following data now:
Every passenger’s last name from the original reservation and the six-character Flight Credit Code
- Select “Apply for Credit”
- If further payment is required:
- Type in your credit card information.
- Select Admit & Pay
Your registered email address will receive your new e-ticket.
How to Redeem a Sun Country Flight Voucher
When you obtain a Sun Country Flight Voucher as a result of a rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled flight or due to system failures prior to or during the flight, the customers will get a notification with the combined worth of their flight coupon. In addition, up to one year from the original booking date, customers can use their flight voucher to purchase a new ticket on SunCountry.com.
To use an online flight voucher:
- Check out SunCountry.com
- Plan a new journey.
Note: Use the 17-digit flight coupon code found in the email you received after receiving the flight voucher to make your new travel arrangements.
- Choose to use a Sun Country flight credit or voucher on the Review and Pay page.
- Type in the 17-digit flight discount code.
- Select “Apply Voucher.”
- If you have numerous flight vouchers, you may input more than one.
- If you still have additional costs:
- Type in your credit card information.
- Choose “Accept & Pay”
- Your registered email address will receive your new e-ticket.
Remember: Your airfare coupon cannot be used to pay for lodging, transportation, or travel insurance. Flight vouchers took the place of flight credits as of January 20, 2021.
How do I know whether I have a flight credit or voucher?
Prior to January 20, 2021, Sun Country used to offer flight credits for itinerary modifications, delays, and organizational procedures. Travel coupons will be used starting on January 20, 2021, instead of flight credits. From the email you would have gotten upon being issued either of these items, along with the amount issued, you may determine whether you are in possession of a travel credit or a flight voucher.
On the Payments tab, you can use your flight credit or flight coupon to purchase a new flight.
- The 6-character reward code, which corresponds to the reservation code on your original trip itinerary, must be entered along with your last name in order to claim a flight credit.
- You must provide the 17-digit flight coupon code found in the email you would have obtained when a flight voucher was issued in order to use it.
You can also call the Reservations Team if you require any assistance or would like to speak with a Sun Country representative. If you’re contacting from the United States or Canada, it’s free to call this number any time of the day or night.
Suppose you bought your ticket immediately from Sun Country using the official website, contact centre, ticket office Flight Assistance.com, or another third party. In that case, you could change a flight by calling the Sun Country Customer Executive or online through My Trips.
You can modify your airline reservation online using My Trips if you made it through FlightAssitance.com. To amend or cancel your reservation, you must speak with the company or travel agent through which you purchased your ticket.
You can indeed Sun Country flight change policy due to illness. Sun Country will extend the validity of your booking for a maximum of thirty days past the original validity period of your ticket if you are unable to travel due to illness or the incapability of your travelling partner or a member of your immediate family.
You must have a signed statement from a doctor declaring that you are unable to travel owing to your illness or disability in order to take advantage of this privilege. The documentation must be signed by a representative of Sun Country and must state that you have been given the extension.